Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't say I have an opinion either way on Burgess Jenkins which, considering the purpose of the recasting, may not be a good thing.

As Twitter was referenced, I did something I don't usually do and and look at a tweet by Michael Logan and the comments below it, and if true, Jill Farren Phelps' contract is apparently up on 26th of this month.

I want to make this clear, this is all hypothesis, but if that date is true and the decision is taken not to renew JFP's contract, depending who is brought in as a replacement, I can see the production staff (music, directors, head writers) fall like dominoes. In another thread it was stated that B&B producer Casey Kasprzyk has been promoted to Supervising Producer, making it 3 they have now. A question was posed by the poster about what this means for Ed Scott (who was subject to a quickly rebuffed rumour that he would be re-joining Y&R).

I'm not up on the specifics but hasn't Ed Scott been ousted from Y&R twice? As well as the palava on Day Of Our Lives when he was the Executive Producer there, which I remember reading on here, basically turd-listed him in the eyes of Sony.

And unless Bell Television Drama want to get involved with the show again, would they feel compelled to so Sony/CBS a favour and allow Scott to go back?

• Members

The only thing I am interested in concerning recast Billy is how the writers see his role on canvas. Burgess Jenkins us a serious actor. I just don't see him playing Billy as a lovable screw up who tries to charm/giggle/mug his way out of things.

• Members

I finally played catch up over this long weekend and I have a few comments and questions.

1. NuBilly does look too old. He isn't in real life, but he looks at least 50.

2. Why is Summer so stupid? She's know this guy for 2 seconds and she's married to him now? WTH? Then again it's not like Phyllis was a stellar role model.

3. Neil and Devon vying for the attention of the same woman is plane gross.

4. WHY are Lily and Cane still on my screen?

Archived