Y&R: July 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Burgess is not old, however his looks are how Billy old is. Thats not his fault. Its the shows. They shouldnt have cast him

Noah is a bore. i wish they would have kept Kevin Schmidt and didnt drop Noah being gay.

Thanks for Matthew Atkinson. Austin is interesting

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They really should have kept Schmidt as Noah and hired RA as Scotty Grainger......

When was it implied that Noah was gay?......I don't think it's a bad idea for him to be, in fact I always thought it would have been appropriate to do a gay story with Fen and have him hook up with somebody.....Noah perhaps......only I would have started it out with Noah developing feelings for Scotty which unfortunately aren't return by him (Scotty) cause he's straight.....and at the same time we find out Fen is also gay and has a crush on Noah and is jealous when he finds out that Noah has feelings for Scotty so he basically does all that he can to get Noah to change his mind, which he eventually does....

I guess it sounds too simple on paper to make changes like that though.....

• Members

The problem is there's so many young dudes that scream gay or bi on this show that there would be no one left to service the women.

Burgess Jenkins looks more like Jack Wagner everyday.

• Members

No, have you? What did she say?

I think it's hilarious that various bloggers were complaining about DT not looking manly enough and looking too immature to be Billy are now yammering on about how this nuBilly is not suited to play Billy for his personality. Hello, Billy was immature even when BM played him. He was often described as a Peter Pan figure--well, the thing about Peter Pan is he never grew old!

Personally, I think a lot of the parting shots fired toward DT was just residual moaning about the loss of BM and that's fine but some of those bloggers ought to have admitted it and stop wasting time trying to make it sound like its science. They wanted what they wanted, people like what they like...what's the harm in admitting it?

But everyone should've been smart enough to realize that there was a chance that Billy Miller was not going to return to Y&R and that any recast after DT was an absolute unknown variable. Good for them, this is what they wanted, this was what they were carping about. BJ might look closer to big brother Jack's age group but there's no question that he certainly looks burly and 'manly' in that body type. They need to get used to Briefcase Billy now.

• Members

There was a rumor that when KS returned briefly the second time there was a scene filmed where he was at Cassie's grave and came out to her. However, JFP was hired and the scene was cut from air & Noah recast

• Members

What a bunch of bull!!!......I seriously wanna meet those Sony execs just so I can throw darts at them for all the youtube crap they pull and now this....

But I do agree any gay story under MAB wanna have sucked anyway so maybe it's good they dropped it.....In fact Sony might have decided that because she f**ked up the Rafe and Phillip stuff not to have anymore characters become gay....

• Members

The bigger issue is they attached this cult of personality to both Miller and Muhney - guys Y&R did not need but whom they insisted Y&R needed - and are still sticking with that. Now you have people who should know better saying, oh, nothing was proven about Michael Muhney, so suck it up ladies and bring him and Billy Miller back. That's disgusting.

Miller is talented and I think he's capable of very good work and has done some on the show before, but he is no be-all end-all for this character. I do think Y&R won't be happy until they have him back, that everything else is just stop-gap improvisation on their part. That's their mistake. Because this show is supposed to be a proud institution that doesn't need two latter-day leading men of mixed ability and, in one case, vile reputation to survive.

• Members

Im not gonna defend the execs making that kind of decision because siding with the biggots is always wrong in my view but I cant totally blame them

YR seems to have a older fanbase than the other show and they might have a hard time to accept a gay character regardless who they are tied to.

The soap audience seems to be at the mercy of a group of fanatics that will send network hate mail just for hinting at a gay character.

I have lost my lunch more times than i care to count for over some comments being posted on different message board about how gay storylines have no place in so-called family show like soaps.

Archived