Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Members

One thing I'm thankful to Maria Arena Bell for, is the Marge storyline. THAT was the only send off I'll consider when remembering Katherine. I loved that she gave a woman of her age a frontburner storyline and I LOVED all the little ties to the history of the show. Also, the funeral was more touching than anything they are trying to do now. Where IS everybody? Where are Nina, Brock, Mac, Dina and the rest of Katherine's family? There is still time, but i predict they'll mostly blow Katherine off with a short tribute then move on. It's typical of JFP.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forced myself to watch the Katheirne parts of today's eppy, and so this is their idea of an umbrella storyline? Gather a bunch of people in Kay's living room in the middle of a thunderstorm? At least the thunder made better tension than the FOJ piece of garbage background music would. Once again, people writing this show that do not know how to do a payoff. This is how you do a payoff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV6OeCDL6iM

• Members

This doesn't bode well. Why not have such a critical character if he is willing? Oh thats right, they are afraid he will remind the viewers that Cane is a con and NOT related to Jill or Kay...that Cane is NOT Phillip Chancellor. TPTB, write this down. We already know. And no one but Lane fans think the con should lead this story or inherit a dime.

• Members

I wonder why? TB can't be expensive and he's always been willing to return before. They don't have to give him many lines, just standing & sitting by Jill would suffice. I wonder what's up, I'd think that would be an easy one.

Who's having an attack Nelson Branco or Thom Bierdz?

• Members

One last note about Monday's US show, JW was the only one who was semi-decent (and I love me some MTS but just yeah, she phoned that in). On to another topic, has anyone seen Nelson's latest dish? Come on in here for this spoiler folks, I'm sure there will be lots of discussion about it:

• Members

Back to the actual on-screen happenings: just watched Friday's show and thought it was pretty good.
The thunderstorm quick cuts annoyed the crap out of me, as the looooong Villy scenes but the gathering at the Chancellor mansion was a nice set-up. I liked the old school idea with the post cards (of course it would have been much rather if at least ONE person like Brock, Nina, Mac or Phillip had shown up as a "surprise" guest!?) But boy, what kind of an ending was that?

This is the beginning of the end of KAY CHANCELLOR for god's sake. The directing/composition was BAD. Taking a look at the classic clip alphanguy74 has posted above shows you how weak the production values on this show are. Thanks JFP for helming this kind of amateur theatre!

• Members

I'm glad you mentioned the directing and composition, it is truly terrible these days and the show (and the actors) are suffering for it. This show has lost every single ounce of the glam it once had (and I thought it did maintain some of it under MAB) - but it's completely gone now. Words can not express how much I hated Friday's show and hate today's show even more though. It looked like a damn game of Clue.

• Members

Jess Walton is already killing me, Melody and even Eric are pretty good too.

This show is so ABC Daytime now, those Avery/Nick/Sharon scenes specifically. If Sharon Case and Jessica Collins can make it out of this ok I'll be surprised, they're being handed the JFP standard female characterizations.

Archived