Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watch today's show on Friday and what really almost ruined the scenes for me was the lack of vets......they seriously couldn't get Jack Traci Neil Michael or Lauren there?? Do they really think we give a damn that Cane and Lily were there?? Jess Melody Eric and Kate were the saving graces......I honestly really don't know what to make of Murphys acting even though I re watched the scenes several times already.......Jess really is screaming for a storyline.....damn I forgot how terrific she was.....we need more scenes with her and Victor she can tell him to really shove it....

• Members

Seconded...Friday's show was almost unwatchable. Victoria/Billy didn't help. Sharon, nick, and Faith were at least watchable and felt fresh. Villy seemed repetitive and tiresome. Then we have the antics at the mansion. Jess Walton tried. But no. I didn't feel a thing.

• Members

So after giving up YR for a month and a half, I decided to give it another chance to see Kay's sendoff and yeah . . . I wasn't impressed.

I'm sorry but I thought today's episode was hot garbage. I thought the "get together" was stupid. I felt no one brought their "A" game but Jess Walton. Everyone else was stiff or just not even trying.

I felt MTS was trying too hard in these scenes. Normally she brings it but today she didn't.

Eric Braden along with Christel Khalil, Bryton McClure, and Daniel Goddard were just there.

Liz Hendrickson's reactions were garbage. Greg Rikaart didn't even try today. He sounded like he was reading for an audio book. I like Michael Fairman but he didn't impress me either.

And don't get me started on the Sharon/Nick/Avery scenes.

The writing was abysmal too.

I just wasn't impressed.

• Members

^ ^ ^ I agree with everything you said. Mel, oh Mel, sigh. I'm going to just give her a pass here lol, she tried (which was more than I can say for Braeden, Khalil, Rikaart, Goddard, and Hendrickson) . I honestly didn't even like Jess's performance much today but again, she is usually fab so she gets a pass from me as I thought these scenes also had a ridiculous campy undertone.

Between the lights going out, the thunderstorm, the implausibility of it all - I mean, are we really supposed to believe that Katherine went karoake bar hopping, zip-lining, and roller coaster riding?

I thought MIchael Fairman was so off.. I mean, for a second I thought Murphy might have killed Katherine given how chipper and happy he seemed to report the news of her death.

The most offensive thing was that song at the end. THAT was truly awful.

• Members

Yes. Having Murphy react chipper was odd. I understood it but I would've preferred him being stoic about the situation.

And I think it was the writing with Jess/Jill. While I felt for her, she came off like a shrew in these scenes because everyone else literally had no reaction. It was like Jill was acting opposite a bunch of walls--no reaction.

I would've preferred for Murphy to have slipped home unannounced and broke the news to Jill and he remained stoic (while really affected) while Jill went on the tangent like she did today.

Then the next day, the news should've seeped out throughout town and we saw how it affected everyone.

• Members

I don't see how Phyllis or the Baldwin's could have enhanced anything. They didn't even have much of a connection to her. I know Phyllis never did. Now maybe Lauren did back in the mid 80's, which was before my time. But she sure didn't over the last 23 years.

• Members

As I'd said in the spoiler section, regarding the kickoff of this storyline, the acting choices by everyone except Jess Walton were absolutely bizarre. Jess is, without a doubt, the only one who tried with what was abysmal writing (Janice Ferri Esser's script couldn't even save this breakdown).

MTS was acting high, Eric Braeden was sleep walking, Daniel Goddard was a smiling dumbass, Michael Fairman practically sang Kay's death, Christel Khalil was out of place (as usual), Elizabeth Hendrickson phoned in her lines, and Greg Rikaart echoed Braeden. Kate Linder has the benefit of a portraying an idiot, so she was right on target.

I thought the reactions to Kay's death, aside from Jill, were insulting. It was amateur hour of the highest order. Really terrible.

• Members

I actually thought BJ and GR did fine. I saw the anguish and shock. But you are right about the others. Jill's response was classic Jill. It is all about her. And JW delivered. MTS was a sniveling unbelievable mess. Everyone else is window dressing

• Members

That was the most bizarre send off I have ever seen on a soap. Murphy was all giddy when he told everyone she was dead. What craptastic acting from the actors. The send off they gave Kay when she was presumed dead with all the former characters returning was better than this freak show.

Archived