Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Members

Not many peopke recognize it as West Indian (I sure don't). Not many peopke even hear much of an accent. At last it hasn't been a topic of discussion so it probably isn't very noticeable. Either way, the actress comes across as one would think lily would. That's the point more so than anything.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since were are in the middle of Katherine's death, just wanted to share this news Blurb about Jeanne's passing, it contain a clip not seen in 39 years, a short clip of Katherine finding Jill and Phillip kissing for the first time, and another short clip of Kay afterward, loooking in the mirror and lamenting her age in a drunken stupor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-bZdCZScI

• Members

The Y&R publicist is teasing huge news, so be ready for that the next few days. I imagine it'll be casting news, since I doubt they'll make a big deal of a sure-to-be controversial headwriter choice.

As for the actual show, I'd say I've been back full-time about a month now. The only storyline I'm enjoying is the stuff involving the black folks. Tyler/Abby work as a couple and I enjoy Lily as a spoiler. I hate Cane and Lily as a couple, but Hilary is making them interesting. She is a real find. I love the twist with Mason as well. I hate that Rose is dead, since the actress was great, but if used correctly, this could be the type of classic blood feud that fuels storylines for years on soaps. The only part of this story that don't completely work is the involvement of Neil and Leslie. They are TERRIBLE as a couple, just as boring as can be. This is why I wish Rose could be alive so they could eventually work towards putting her and Neil together. In general I like Leslie, but she needs the right story and the right love interest. They still haven't gotten it right with her.

The stuff with Katherine continues to make no sense, but I'm going to enjoy the performances, everything Jess Walton does and the returns we have to look forward to. I like that they're actually using Esther. She does serve a purpose and right now is more important than ever. I hope they continue to realize that.

Beyond that, everything sucks. Victoria and Billy are snoozeworthy. Anything involving Michael, Lauren, Fen and Kevin is either stupid or also putting me to sleep. Neither Dylan nor Chelsea should be on Y&R and neither actor should be on a Bell soap. I will never care about either of them. I do enjoy seeing Sharon and Nick together, but the storyline is so negative for Sharon that it's hard to be excited. Avery is also another dull character than needs the boot.

• Members

The only positive I can say is in her last year at ATWT she did well at writing older, complex women, which Y&R has plenty of.

The rest is pure garbage, especially her AMC run, which was disgusting on multiple levels.

Archived