Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm someone who really enjoyed Jean's work on ATWT, for what it was, but I can't see her style fitting with Y&R. Just based on what I've already seen, not sure how great Shelley will be either. I just don't understand why they couldn't hire people who already have Y&R or Bell soap experience. THAT is what bothers me. These writers will have to PROVE themselves to me before I lend them any support. Despite the fact that I may have enjoyed Jean's ATWT, it was widely panned, as were her stints on AMC and AW. I don't recall ever seeing anything positive for Shelley Altman, so we'll see. But no matter how you spin it....not right for Y&R. I'm not looking forward to this.

• Members

With each passing day, and each bone-headed decision taken by SONY/CBS/Unsuitable EP-in-charge, the loss of Bill Bell is felt more and more.

I've never watched As The World Turns on a regular basis, but the proverbial '9-out-of-10' people can't all the wrong about Jean Passanante. I've long since learned that with these merchants, it may not be the best idea to wish so much for change, because each change makes things worse, it seems.

That is not to say, of course, that something good will not eventually happen.

As 'sacrilegious' as it may be to say, maybe Y&R needs to come off #1 or have it sufficiently threatened in order for real, positive change to occur.

• Members

Her ATWT I found more enjoyable than what Hogan Sheffer was offering, but it still was never what I would call classic soap. It was watchable and had some memorable stories, but overall it was very much standard soap. I'm wondering if the goal will be to continue this new type of Y&R that JFP has brought on. I'm curious what the tone will be now, especially when you consider JP has been working with campy Carlivati for the past few years. I just can't see these two doing great things and being the savior for Y&R. I just find that impossible. We'll see I guess...

• Members

The thing with her ATWT is that it is forgettable. She had her bi-monthly psycho stories, an obsession with baby stories from baby switches to dying babies and whenever she had a good story or character it was always dropped. Her tone is VERY cartoonish. If she had one successful HW stint I'd be okay with this, but she hasn't. She failed at OLTL, AW, AMC (some say the worst period in AMC history) and ATWT. That's too much failure.

Archived