Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it would have made more sense for Jill to be in the livingroom and Esther scream and tell Jill something is wrong with Mrs. C, she's not waking up. Then play out her death.

That cheesy trip around the world crap and the stupid lines like " I'm afraid my wife won't be joining us" while Murphy is all giddy is utter garbage.

• Members

Wow - I thought some of you were exagerating... But Monday's show was indeed beyond words. A COUNTRY MUSIC FAREWELL - seriously?

And the acting!? What were those people doing??? It was terrible. Just terrible. Not even compared to the golden standards of Y&R but in general. It was simply terrible. Everyone involved (TPTB of course included!) minus Jess Walton and Kate Linder should shame themselves for years! This was an inexusable failure on all levels.

EDIT: To put a positive spin on things.
Tracey Bregamn and Jess Walton were sweet on Tuesday. And scruff-bearded Carmine is all kinds of hotness.

• Members

I am going to say it again. I thought Monday's episode was very good.

Murphy probably undoubtedly grieved while they were in Asia when she passed but he also knew that she lived a long life on her terms, had a lot of love in her life and had come to terms with what was going to happen - lived out her last days exactly the way she wanted to. And she would have expected nothing less from him. He wanted to be strong for everyone in that room. From my point of view, there was nothing unusual about his demeanor given all the circumstances.

It is not unusual for people to spare others from the pain of knowing they are going to pass, especially if there has been nothing left unsaid between them. (I did not hear him say that they told Tucker she was dying but perhaps I missed it.)

Murphy was always a source of strength for everyone around him. I am sure he is grieving privately because that is the kind of man he is. He knows that if others see him breaking down, they will too.

All that said, I do NOT understand how TPTB can justify Phillip III not being there for her memorial or Mac and her child. Not at all.

• Members

Maybe they wanted us to not focus so much on how weak she was in that final scene. To me it is much more beautiful to think that she was happy and vivacious in her last days. I think it may have also been as a tribute to JC - letting Katherine go out with dignity instead of having her be so weak...? Not that there is anything undignified about being weak when one is gravely ill.

• Members

Exactly. They should have had Esther entering Kay's bedroom realizing Mrs C has died. Filmed with a camera angle from behind, so that one only sees the hand of the dead Mrs. C...

The reactions by the various castmember would have been better - hopefully. 'cause I'm still shuddering over Melody's maniac shriek-attack.

Archived