Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Members

ITA - She was perfectly cast as a boarding school educated teen and then the "scandalous" relationship with Daniel provided a lot of sparks. But, man, when she got with DG, it just didn't work on any level and the writing for Lily has been pathetic. I know a lot of the strong emotions towards CK come from the DS situation, which was handled poorly on so many fronts - mainly the PTB at Sony and Y&R. IF DS had never been hired, I doubt people would be completely hateful towards her. The VR situation, who really knows. Regardless, if Y&R is able to transition Lily into someone else's orbit, it will be for the best. It might make me not have to FF thru her stuff. But when I look at Y&R overall, she and Lily are hardly the worst things happening.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CK only began to suck as Lily when she decided to put her own spin on who she thought Lily should be as an adult...I read an article where she thought that Lily should be totally different from Dru. Chile naw! Dru was the most interesting thing about the Winters from the word go. Anyone with any sense would want their character to be as close to Dru as possible. Anyways, being totally different from Dru was fine when Dru was on. Because the writers and audience counted on Dru to drive the story and be entertaining for that family. But without her, Lily needs to be the entertainment if they are going to center every story that involves the Winters around her.

CK was never interesting as Lily even when VR was on...VR made all that work. As evidence of how dull it all is without her.

• Members

I always thought CK was miscast. She never cam across as boarding school educated to me.

I do agree that the casting of DS caused issues. And most of that, for me, was I got a glimpse at what the character could be and going back to CK was a big disappointment. I don't think that many people are privy to how TPTB handled that situation. So I don't think that has much to do with it.

I disagree. If she were playing someone other than Dru's daughter, she would have far less scrutiny. For example, if Olivia was her mother, then I would probably be perfectly fine with the character. But she isn't...and therein lies the problem. At least for me.

It's on TV Guide channel now.

Still don't understand why Dylan and Chelsea are in a story together.

• Members

I just stumbled upon the gossip vine of Griffith's contract possibly not being renewed...due to a leave of absence following a mental breakdown of sorts allegedly. In that case, wishing Griffith good health and good luck while hoping for a hire more familiar with Y&R history.

• Members

We'll have to agree to disagree because I didn't like her during her original run and I dont like her acting style in general. There are a couple of actresses that have passed through daytime with the same acting style that I didn't like either. Her valley voice is annoying and she tends to screech when its time to show some emotion.

• Members

Bwahaha! Did I just see Dylan pull the world's most pristine baby -- born with a white blankie already around him apparently -- from beneath Chelsea's spotless white wedding dress?!

I swear, Melissa "Mahogany" Egan is the most spray-tanned human in soaps.

Archived