Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What do you want to bet that when this baby is born, Jas- oops, I mean Dylan will do just what Jason did and won't care that the baby is not his...he will do everything in his power to help Chelsea keep that baby from Adam. He might even not care that she lied and say he loves her anyway.

• Members

Just watched an episode. When did this show turn into Pratt or Brown & Esensten-era All My Children? It's both mediocre and terrible at the same time. A woman has an affair with a hot younger man - he must be a psycho because we can't actually break up couples! The Fen drugs [!@#$%^&*] with the weaving camera - is this 1995? And Sharon - what the !@#$%^&*] is their game plan?

• Members

I was really enjoying the show when Griffith took over but story wise, I swear nothing has changed. He had a great story to destruct Lauren and Michael's marriage and backed out, just like he backed out of the Summer paternity story.

I'm just really watching for Traci, Hillary, Tyler and Jill now.

• Members

He definitely seemed to have cowered out on a lot of what he had going. I still don't think that Tyler and Lily are one of them though. I think that they want Lily and Tyler as a long term couple and Tyler as a long term character (he has been well received by most fans as far as I can see). They don't want to start them with an affair. So I do believe that Cane will be the one who sleeps with Hillary and thereby, ruin their marriage. I also know TPTB at this show too well to believe that Tyler and Abby will be anything long term or serious (KSJ has said way too many times that they don't do THAT kind of IR). Despite the chemistry or how well the couple is received, I don't think they will stick with it.

• Members

Same here.

I also feel he's chickening out of any juicy story due to negative backslash...

And the production values on this show are pure crap: It looks so uninspired, reminds me of East Enders from the UK. It's so toned down with the lighting, directing and the cheap music. East Ender is middle class though, unlike Y&R. There's nothing lush about it which would make it look like Y&R.

• Members

There's no nice way to put it: JG is a lame writer, let alone head-writer, and JFP clearly doesn't understand her vision, and her constant need to prop her friends (see Burton, the new music department) impair her from doing anything really good.

Archived