Y&R August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I wouldn't say that infidelity with a sibling's spouse (or ex spouse) is at the foundation of soaps, it has clearly been a soap staple for generations now. That Kim/Bob/Jennifer Hughes storyline took place as far back as the 1970s. I have no idea whether they were the first but they certainly were not the last to do this type of story.

As for Y&R:

I've been watching episodes (when I can/feel like it) on headphones and the sound quality is just Awful! Lots of warbled, garbled background noise that interferes with the actual dialog of the scenes. Most of the music is out of place and only distracts from whatever is supposed to be going on.

Maybe if I weren't so bored by most scenes, I wouldn't notice these things as much.

• Members

LOL, I am hyst telling you what Toups wanred us about in the July thread, .................do you!

Of course siblings swapping partners is a norm for soaps, doesn’t mean the audience wont hate hate one of the siblings for interfering with their couple. I am sure Kim had her fair shares of haters for getting involved with her sisters husband, or maybe even Jennifer wasn’t liked by the Bob/Kim fans way back when on AYWY. Hell affairs are def a staple of soaps and we all know A LOT are still biotching bout one almost a decade later LOL!

• Members

Not until MM dresses up like The Joker for Halloween - can't stop thinking about that after seeing that expression on his pantless pic! Anyway, Adam isn't the problem, it's the way the writers bungled Adam and Victor's relationship. Adam SHOULD be the favored son - Victor, Jr., after all. He was the only one who accomplished what a self-made man like Victor would dream for his children - higher education, Wall Street, a pure businessman. Instead, we've got RidicNulous, who really should be a stoner, trust fund kid and pathetic VicBoria - based on recast (all one has to do is watch July's scenes of HT as a businesswoman and we know how this past decade could have played out so differently at Newman. The writers got this wrong from the start-they've had not one, but TWO strong actors who could hold their own against EB and they've blown it.

Archived