Y&R: Discussion for the Month of November

• Members

And I'd be fine with that! What I don't want, though, is the assumption that every woman would want a relationship like theirs. That's the sort of offensive and misogynistic thinking that has destroyed the soaps.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're not psychos, they're sweeties!

I should bump up that if you were headwriter thread. I have some story idea where they learn Victor has had Michael working for him because he has a long list of Kevin's crimes, many of them unspeakable, that he has kept from the police. Lauren learns of this, and turns Kevin in, thus busting up Lauren/Michael, and writing Kevin out of the show.

• Members

I do love the chemistry between Avery and Phyllis. I also like that we're finally getting some insight as to what Phyllis' childhood was like, which can finally explain some of the behavior. What I don't get is why, if they are trying to get people to root/like Avery, they would have her try to get that complete psycho Daisy out of jail and full custody of child. It's not like a Jana or even Kevin situation where there was some type of reform. Daisy is still rotten to the core. No surprise, the writers have me baffled. There are many, many other ways that Avery can tweak Phyllis (and vice versa), but this is downright terrible.

• Members

Debbi Morgan is the current Maura West of Y&R. They trot her out for a week, don't show her for a few weeks, give her a muddled, mucked up storyline, change direction with her, the audience starts to enjoy her, and BAM! She's OUT and off the show.

Also, I see that Darius McCrary is no longer listed in the cast. Was he even given a good bye episode? I mean, did Malcolm ever leave town? Did I blink and miss it?

Uh, this is Y&R- we're no longer supposed to like Avery, now we're supposed to HATE her! She sleeps with Nick to get the Phick fans to rally against her and now, she takes on Daisy's case so the rest of us HATE her and root for our heroine Phyllis!

Ain't. Gonna. Work. With. Me.

If anything, she's righting the wrong of Phyllis EVER getting custody of that kid and, if all goes in Avery's favor, Daisy will win custody and get the hell out of Genoa City for good. I'm all for it.

Is it what I, as a writer, would have done? Probably not....if Avery wanted to get Lucy away from Phyllis, she should have sided with VICTORIA and roped in Daniel to help them get the kid back to her and, if anything, use Daisy as the pawn she is.

But, again, this is Y&R, Phyllis is our heroine and anyone who goes up against her we HAVE to hate.

WELL NOT ME! I still :wub: :wub: :wub: Avery, respect the hell out of her (and "Psycho" Ricky :rolleyes: ) pressing criminal charges on "The Sommers", am all for the lawsuit, and am fine with her showing Phyllis to be the batsh!t crazy psycho that she is in order to get the baby back to Daisy.

I mean- who's nuttier- Daisy or Phyllis?

Daisy is an impressionable young wallflower, waif of a thing who was brainwashed by her PSYCHOTIC aunt. Phyllis has done all of her reprehensible things on her own, without brainwashing or help from anyone. If I were on that Jury, I'd be Team Daisy, all the way, as much as I hate saying it.

PLUS, I can't WAIT to watch the strong, secure Lauren (who took on Sheila like 80 times and her psycho Lauren-lookalike sister) scream and quiver in fear of that thing who couldn't scare a cockroach. I mean, does anyone else laugh their ass off every time we're asked to believe that?

Anyhoo, still Team Avery, Team Daisy is Less of a Psycho than Phyllis, and Team Give Daisy the Damn Kid and Send Her Out of Town. Done deal.

• Members

Pretty much!

Darius Malcolm broke up with Sofia (while she was still in the hospital) then was comforted by St. Giggly (who he gave a free pass for throwing Devon under the bus).

Then he disappeared without saying goodbye to Liv, Devon or Scottie Pippen.

As soon as Y&R made Avery Giggly's sister it was pretty much made clear her time was limited. :lol:ph34r.png

• Members

Deedee... that scene where Malcolm gives Sofia the brush off in the hospital was good, and I loved Julia Pace's performance in that... she was brilliant, and the background music was dramatic and appropriate, but it PISSED me off that that scene wasn't the final scene of the day. It REALLY needed to be,

Juniorz... the scene i'm talking about, which is Malcolm's next to last scene is here around 7:00. So you can see how whoever is writing the breakdowns screwed that episode up royally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4WN3hG_Dso

• Members

The final scene is for "important" characters not useless minority characters that Y&R doesn't care about.

When was the last time any non Scottie Pippen Winters, Rafe or Phillip had anything to do?

Exactly.

Yolanda hasn't been on in forever (and when she is she's way more obsessed with Tucker than he is with her), Devon is propping Gloria & Kevin (until he inevitably drops Roxy for Abby), Neil & Sofia are joined at the hip because they're Black, Liv is constantly MIA, Leslie was dropped once Avery was cast, Rafe gets MAYBE an episode or two every 6 months & Phillip was banished to Australia while Cane is STILL frontburner.

Archived