Y&R: Discussion for the Month of November

• Members

laugh.png I expected there to be some stunning revelation as to why Ronan couldn't have a relationship with Chance and Nina. Instead, it's he "owes them his life and he doesn't know how to handle that"? WTF! How about by not being a complete dick for no reason? Add a thank you to that and you're probably good. I swear, this show.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish there were some way to reveal Ronan isn't really Nina's son. I still hate the fact that Y&R felt the need to pick up that loose thread. It colored so much of Nina's history, especially in regards to her relationship with Chance Phillip IV, I think resolving it has actually done more harm than good.

• Members

But Nina does love him as much as if she had raised him, imo. Having your baby stolen is something you never forget. She wants a relationship with him, so I don't really see why he can't have some compassion for someone who grieved for him every day of his life. If he really doesn't want a relationship with her, he should leave town.

• Members

I can see that and I agree with you that Nina should have never found her son. I think that's what BB wanted and that should have been respected. Nina even had some dialogue once about how stories can't always have a neat resolution. She was talking about her own writing, but I took it as a "message" from BB about Nina's story on the show.

• Members

I don't think they should have kept Nina from her son forever, I think the story could work. It just doesn't work with this writing team, and with Branson, who is very shut down as an actor.

The real idea of this story is that we're supposed to think Ronan is a man with balls for not wanting anything to do with his family. In Shefferland, family is garbage, and for wusses, unless of course, you are a patriarch and your family is too stupid to do anything without you (like Victor).

They have never had any idea what to do with Ronan. The only reason they likely even hired Branson is because he'd been on AMC with Reigel and Hendrickson. They've repeatedly thrown him into bad stories, and now, out of pure desperation, they've thrown him in with Phyllis and basically rewritten the character's entire personality for the sake of Phyllis.

When the only thing anyone likes about a character is fill in the blank "snarking" with fellow sociopath Adam, that's not saying a lot.

Archived