Y&R: Discussion for the Month of November

• Members

Giggly Heffa and Ronan are sleeping together now? Why is it every time I tune in its to see another random hookup that makes little sense. Oh and Nick and ABC are together as well but that one was to be expected

Giggly Heffa is so lame. She actually ran over to ABC's room to see if Nick was there. Where does she get off being self righteous and upset when she is f--kign Ronan?

Wow, do my eyes decieve me bc Victoria's hair looks relatively decent. Why is Billy staying away anyways?

Does GF (Im not trying to spell her character's name out) realize that she

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word.

Off to watch Friday & Monday's Y&R and bask in the hotness of Avick! (Not nearly as fun to type as Dick. :( I miss Maura. )

Oh well though. Avery is FIRE and made me watch Y&R every day this week because......she was on every day!

I don't think a new soap character has excited me this much in............. YEARS! I just :wub: her!

Jessica Collins. Emmy. 2012. Make. It. Happen.

• Members

Apparently Branson said at some fan event that the show was going to have Chloe/Ronan again but they were so fascinated by the chemistry between Phyllis and Ronan that they paired them together. I think what this really means is, "Holy sh!t, we don't have a story for Phyllis, and we know you're quitting again soon anyway."

As for Ack, Josh Morrow will start trashing this story to the press in no time, I'm sure.

• Members

The weird twist is that this man is even employed by Y&R. Bad acting and not only tanking stories, but badmouthing them to the press, is ridiculous. I don't care if he starts walking around naked, he still isn't worth keeping around.

• Members

Cat, were you watching when April & Heather came back in the early 90s? Man, if you think Bloom looks like April/Paul then (she does- still a spitting image of April IMO), you should have seen them together during that period. Here's a clip, in case you didn't. Bloom was perfect casting looks-wise and her acting really came along in that last year (especially the last 6 months) of her run.

The Paul/April scenes are at 3:10 or 4:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oftJpZ-ctgs&feature=related

I completely disagree with this. Just because the character was written sympathetically does not mean that the audience warmed to her. They (we) didn't. Isabella was a dud, just flat and boring and had absolutely no color to her. She made Christine look like Drucilla! That was the problem with her and that storyline: while she may have been sympathetic, Isabella had no rooting value and she needed to for the story to work. This is daytime: all the great heroines have some spunk, some backbone, some personality, some fierceness. Isabella (and frankly, Longoria) possessed none of those qualities.

In fact, I would venture to say that it wasn't until she began to scheme that the audience actually started to enjoy the character because she was finally becoming somewhat interesting. It was the knife-wielding psychopath they chose to end the story with that was the characterization that the audience didn't enjoy because, frankly, it just wasn't believable that wet blanket Isabella had that in her. Scheming, yes. Psychopath, no.

Hmmm, this is a tough one. He didn't know Heather was the one being set up by Adam, but he took the pictures anyway. He thought about selling the pictures to Phyllis, but then thought better of it. He's on Sharon's defense team and witnessing something like that, it's his obligation to their client to share it with her attorney. He finds out that Heather was treated no better than him and doesn't even want the pictures shown in court, even though they have to be.

I'm not quite sure that Ricky really had any of it in him in the first place. It seems like he wanted to outright hate Heather, but he didn't. He wanted to get revenge on her, but the best way would have been to go the tabloid route and he didn't. The question is was he trying to humiliate her in court and get her disbarred or was he trying to save Avery's client any way he could (i.e. doing the job he's paid to do)? I mean, the selfish jerk out to screw his sister would have jumped at the job at Restless Style and taken the money for the pictures AND shown them in court. He's still very grey to me, even in this situation.

I kind of feel sorry for him.

Yeah, I don't like that they did that with Sharon either. And then they say she's looking for her soul there....GOD, I hope so! LOL

And that Piper kid can NOT act. She's horrible and I hope Y&R doesn't plan on trying to sell her as Cassie II cuz I ain't buyin it.

I hope not. He seems to come alive and be quite present in his scenes with Collins. I'm diggin them.

I do care! With Diamont gone (and before him Reeves), Y&R needs a vapid manwhore and Nick Newman more than fits the bill.

And I would care if he started walking around naked.

And I'd watch! smile.png

• Members

100% agreed, word for word. She is a real treat to watch. I just love her. She is definitely my favorite part about Y&R right now since I've started watching again. She has so much fire in her eyes playing this role, it never goes away. And yes her & Nick are SMOKIN'.

..Yeah this is the feeling I get. Months from now her days are going to be numbered, she'll probably go out psycho for Nick in a big sweeps stunt of some kind. But I hope not. e8099.gif

I forgot to mention her. That girl was a straight up robot. Just awful. LOL

• Members

They might not have warmed to her individually for her to be popular on her own (like Jess Jill, Victoria's Dru, Heather's Victoria or Alex's Diane) but paired against airhog Cricket she did fairly well for a solid actress thrown into an established situation with three vets that had been working together for years.

That's not true though.

She was quite dynamic (especially for a fairly cliche pot stirrer) & given even more depth via sympathetic backstory.

Eva was definitely no Sean Young or Marisa Ramirez.

She really didn't. Because she & Cricket didn't even interact heavily until Paul wanted out of their marriage.

And by that point Cricket was written as the aggressor which was a HUGE change from the usually passive Cricket..

But that was the point.

She was never intended to be a heroine who viewers rooted for (like Cricket).

She was a vixen constantly being caught between doing the thing that was in her best interest & the "right thing".

To ignore that ignores a HUGE part of the story.

Isabella was never intended to be (nor was ever written) as a heroine & she had quite a bit of fierceness with CLB's Michael & LLB (toward the end of her run),

The audience actually really liked her with CLB's Michael & Carolyn Conwell (both whom she had awesome scenes with).

They enjoyed her more when she tried to kill Cricket not because she suddenly became interesting (which she had been all along) but that they hated Cricket (which is one of the reasons Giggly initially became during her first run).

Actually Y&R chose the knife wielding psycho Isabella to end the story because it gave Paul & Cricket free passes for their horrible behavior. Isabella going insane meant neither of them had to deal with all the insane things that happened to each other, Isabella & Michael.

Which is why Ricky ended up in California, Cricket stayed angry with Michael for 5 minutes & Paul ended up alone (when not joined at the hip with JT) for an extended period of time.

I'd feel sorry for him if he dealt with his family issues with Paul.

He clearly didn't want anything to do with Heather & his being on Sharon's defense team was a convenient excuse to hurt Heather to punish Paul.

It's the opposite of the Adam situation where instead of Adam going immediately after Victoria & Nick because he was angry with Victor, he calmly discussed things with Victor & was able to get some peace.

Ricky may not be as ambitious as Adam but he's definitely no angel.

Yep.

Morrow's not going anywhere & neither is St. Giggly which means Avery is gonna be the new Patty.

• Members

Ok..... today sucked in my opinions. Amelia's hair was one of the few good points, EXCEPT the look on Big Red's face when she walked in to find her sis and Nick after doing the deed. the only thing that would have made THAT better would have been if Nick was pulling up his pants instead of putting his shirt on. But Patty, and a veil??? OMG.... now Maria is taking elements from VANESSA to incorporate into her web? I hope K.T. Stevens haunts her from the great beyond! And they are putting the fabulous Avery into a SL with DAISY? The most talentless zombie bitch to ever act on this show? If I were writing this show, i'd be on the horn to Abby Dalton, and bring Lydia Summers back into this and give old giggly a one-two punch. The family drama of that would be delicious to watch. But now we get DAISY?

Archived