Y&R: Discussion for the Month of November

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Learned is growing on me. Not a fan after her GH stint, but her delivery/take on Katherine is simple, clear and very confident. She's not Kay in the way JC is but, you know, I don't despise Kay as much as I used to. That sounds awful! :lol: I don't mean I want Kay recast with ML. Just that she's more grandmotherly here (and Kay is not grandmotherly. She is Grand Dame).

Shut yo mouth! I love me some Deacon sliming his way around town and pissing everybody off. :lol: Puffy chops looks like he's using a hair dye that is a touch too dark, though.

For real. Brenda D. had amazing, thick, wavy brown hair, too, throughout the 70s and 80s. God knows what possessed her to nuke her hair with peroxide this last decade.

• Members

When Harmony was taking a sugar cube and Kay said "Not with your fingers!" laugh.png I'm actually enjoying Y&R right now. Maybe because I'm also watching GH and by comparison Y&R rocks. I love DM as Harmony. She's wonderful. I want to see more of Daniel and Eden. I think Eden could be a good character, but they need to give her some actual screen time.

I liked that they had Abby video conference with Devon. That was a nice touch. I also liked the Emily/Tucker therapy session, although I shudder at the implication of Emily showing up at the exact same time as Patty. rolleyes.gif If they actually wanted to make Emily "happen" (and I'm not sure they do), they had the perfect way to reintroduce the character, without Patty around.

• Members

I like the actress who plays Eden, too. In fact, they have all the ingredients there for a Noah/Eden/Daniel triangle. The actress has chemistry with both actors, and it would be cool to see her torn between her first love who pretends he hates her and Daniel, the "older" guy.

Abby and Marcy Rylan are made of win, always. I like MR and Bryton in a scenes together.

Emily is there for one reason only, IMO: for Patty to kill her and impersonate her as a psychiatrist.

• Members

Eventually. Once pairing her with someone would prove to be a non-starter of a story, they'd split 'em up, put him with another woman, and have Emily become the psychotic third wheel out to destroy them. Hell, I wouldn't even put it past them to have Emily team up with Patty in order to make it happen.

Archived