Y&R: Discussion for the Month of November

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've repeated the same two storylines since they've been together. Victor tries to keep them apart or a custody storyline( Reed, Lucy, Delia).

Victor interfering with Billy/Victoria reminds me of when Craig used to interfere with Dusty/Lucy, but the former is much sadder.

• Members

Trying to get back into the show is hard and the upcoming storylines r not helpingsad.png

Was anybody really expecting drama with the whole victor and billy storyline.

everybody knows that Victor never pays for his crimes and the show ruins every character in the Victor orbit.mad.gif

EB and his ego are a big problem on Y&R.

• Members

The question is why do Victoria stories need to be about Victor. Only for Heather Tom's first few years on the show did every Victoria story have to be about Victor's meddling in her love life.

The character has been so regressed. She is in her mid-40s and she doesn't have the sense someone gave a 5 year old.

• Members

But not really because we all know soaps are not consistent with age. Unless we are supposed to think that Kyle is 22 because Abby is or that Abby is 12 because Kyle is. Those two were born in the same year for pity's sake. All I know is what I see and Victoria is not in her 40's.

• Members

Y&R's stated on screen that Noah's in his 20's which means Victoria has to be aged accordingly with Nick/Sharon.

Kyle & Abby's ages have been an issue with most Y&R fans ever since Kyle returned with Maura's Diane.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that Amelia's Victoria acts like a teenager.

• Members

Amelia is almost 39.

I don't have any problem believing Victoria is in her mid-40's. I've seen people that age who act like immature teenagers. I think they are embarrassing, and I think she is the same way.

If we believe she's younger than that, then it throws much of the story even further out of whack - for instance, one of the reasons Victoria and Nick were not close to Adam was the huge age gap. That is now gone.

It also leaves the impression that Victor went through all these women in a very short space of time, which trashes the character even further. Where was his love story with Nikki if he has a son with Hope who is the age of his other children? Where was his love story with Ashley if he had a child with Hope in the years he was involved with her?

• Members

Yes, Y&R is like an ATWT repeat. Hogan just recasted his old cast of characters. I liked some of his ATWT but none of it was enough to save the show or Y&R.

Why are Y&R promos so much better than the actual soap? Even the production values on these adverts are prime time good. Diane really looks good dead. Now, if they could only make the show equally good....

Archived