Y&R: Discussion for the Month of November

• Members

So Ashley was ten when Victoria was born? Ashley must have been Victor's child bride when a young Victoria hated her for being a home wrecker?

Age is ignored on Y&R. At times, this can be a good thing and this certainly helps to keep some of the female actors protected from ageism and thus employed; however, it also ignores the show's history. How can Billy be 45? I guess this is why Victoria can no longer have children? If Victoria is 45, how old is Nikki...70?

I get the feel that the writers peg Victoria and Billy for about 30; Nikki and Ashley for 49; giggly heffer at somewhere in between.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tucker + Ashley + a bed = WHY???

Meanwhile, as glad as I might be to see MTS back & thin & with longer hair (although, I still miss her classic long tresses from the '80's), that outfit she's wearing today (in Monday's U.S. episode) looks like it came from the Barbra Streisand "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" Collection.

• Members

No one has a real age on Y&R. Since the advent of botox, all characters are frozen in time and thus matchable for the purpose of bad love stories and lame super couples. I like that this may help certain vets, such as Ashley, but it does get messy. Diane as 35 was just over the top

• Members

I don't see Muhney's acting as schtick at all.

In fact, I think he's fascinating to watch, and one of the only reasons to watch Y&R these days. I get not liking someone, but I don't get the schtick thing. If Muhney's got schtick, so does everyone else in the cast.

Archived