AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll miss Erica, but La Lucci will be fine. She'll get a show on some cable network and continue to rake in the millions. I wish the rest of the cast and the crew all the best. Oh, we will likely get to see David Canary and Julia Barr one last time.

You are right. Duh. LOL!

• Members

Vee is right, soaps will be back some day, in some form. But the actors and characters I grew accustomed to seeing two or three times a week for decades won't be. I will miss Robin Strasser and Dorian, Erika Slezak and Viki, Bob Woods and Bo, and so many others. Heck, I still miss Vicky Wyndham and Rachel Cory. I've watched soaps through some pretty ghastly storyline stretches because I was invested in the people, not the plots. I can guarantee you I'll never feel that that kind of loyalty for "The Chew."

• Members

Well, if ABC shamelessly tries to capitalize on soap nostalgia in a decade or so and revive the brands in some format, and I bet they will, you may see some of these vets there to usher them in. But I think if our really beloved soap vets have any future it's in independent work from people who know and appreciate them. Usually that translates to "fanmade [!@#$%^&*]," but I think there is at least the raw potential for good work.

Will it happen? Probably not. But it could. You could do a little something.

• Members

“While we are excited about our new shows and the shift in our business, I can’t help but recognize how bittersweet the change is,” said ABC Daytime president Brian Frons. “We are taking this bold step to expand our business because viewers are looking for different types of programming these days. They are telling us there is room for informative, authentic and fun shows that are relatable, offer a wide variety of opinions and focus on ‘real life’ takeaways.

All My Children and One Life to Live are iconic pieces of television that have made an indelible mark on our culture’s history,” Frons continued. “Each of the shows has touched millions and millions of viewers and informed the social consciousness. It has been a privilege to work with the extraordinary teams who brought the residents of Pine Valley and Llanview to life each day, and we thank the cast, crew, producers and most especially the fans for their commitment to the shows through their history.”

What a load of BS......

• Members

We got until 2013, and I have already prepared that it will be the end than. Do you think we will get through 2012 without a cancellation? I can't believe that as a DAYS fan the show has survived all these other shows. It has been on the brink for years especially since Passions got the axe and NBC said DAYS was unlikely to continue pass 2009.

• Members

Wow this days sucks. I think I would be more shocked by this if I did not read a thread on this place everyday for the last three years about how all the soaps were about to be canned. Anyway time marches on. Even if it is sucky sucky marching.

Archived