AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

I know I'll get made fun of, but I actually shed a tear. It's the end of an era. Maybe soaps have fallen in the last few years, but 43 years is a lifetime. I grew up on these shows, and it makes me sad that future generations will never know.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One thing I do relish is ABC is so F.UCKED if they think either of these shows is going to find any kind of success, let alone the minor success 'The Talk' and 'Let's Make a Deal' have had. I mean, "The Chew," really? I guarantee a title change and even that ain't gonna get people to tune in.

"The Revolution?"

Good God.

• Members

Yeah, what's done is done, OLTL won't be back no matter how bad one of these new shoes does. I'm sure they've already got a few backups waiting on the shelf. Though years down the line I could see ABC doing something tacky like slapping the name OLTL on some campy little soap clips for their website. Kind of like how Macy's uses the defunct I. Magnin name as a label. Because it's evocative and it's theirs and they can. -_-

Looking forward to Lucci, Slezak, and Strasser on Body of Proof.

• Members

And the difference between SuLu and our beloved Eileen is that if ABC decided to "punish" her by giving Erica the shaft through these last (get ready for it, folks) five months, that would make some news pages. I'd love just a nice, calm, sit down chat with her, where she discusses her true feelings about the entire experience. The time is right for her to do one of those epic TV Legends interviews.

Archived