AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure RC and FV will give a great finale. Now there isn't the threat of cancellation and pure panic mode behind the scenes to improve ratings fast with plots and stunts as all of that is over and now they can focus solely on plotting the final months.

• Members

AMC won't even get to see another birthday :(

The UK soaps have all faced those very same problems and tackled them head on. No, no show is going to last forever, but when the people in charge are passionate about the shows, what they stand for, what they can do, and what they mean (beyond just being series), they're willing to do what it takes to keep these shows not only alive, not only relevant, but also very true to themselves. I can't guarantee that there would have ever been a way to keep AMC or OLTL (or my beloved ATWT) on the air successfully, but in my heart, as someone who lives, breathes, and is fascinated by the story of life, I believe that there was little to no effort at all given in the name of protecting the well-being of these could-be very special, very unique, and very extraordinary shows.

• Members

This is so, so incredibly sad. But at least the shows are in the hands of good writing teams. :(

After "Desperate Housewives" is over, I will never watch a show on ABC again. I am THAT enraged. Not because the soaps weren't going to end sooner or later but because they employed Brian Frons as the head of ABC Daytime, someone who clearly has ZERO respect or interest in the genre and turned GH into a primetime mob show off of Showtime.

Archived