AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

I was shocked by the news, but in all honesty not really because the state of soaps as a genre is dying. Its just a matter of time before they are all gone, just because your still here today doesn't mean you won't be gone tomorrow. As long as Susan Lucci gets another gig I'm okay with the cancellation, and I do feel bad for all the cast and crew of both shows.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would signal Erica dying or sick or JR getting married. B/c why would Adam/Brooke return?

HURRAY FOR RYLEE IN PORT CHARLES

COMING SOON!

The Incredible Adventures Of Dynamite Kiddo and The Green ButterFly

j9a9vl.gif:wub:

And thier entertaining spiteful stepmother hating daughter Emma.

5v6opf.gif

• Members

From Tyler Christoper LOL

My opinion of oltl and amc being canceled is...ABC farted then panicked when a little poop came out

From Kyle Louder:

To the fans of DAYS, GH, B&B, and Y&R, rally together and support your respective shows in any way that you can. This genre is too special.

• Members

Erica won't be killed off. She and Jack will reunite to live happily ever after. I could definitely see them getting Ray MacDonnell, Lee Meriwether, Barr and Canary back for the finale. I'd get on my knees and praise god if they could give even a slight nod to the Tyler family, just a remembrance that they helped to carry the show the first decade. I can't even imagine how sad it must be at the studios today.

I'm still in shock. It hasn't even really settled in yet. To quote one of the great cliche lines of soap dialogue, "I can't believe this is happening."

• Members

Oh damn! Get him, Cat! :D I really want Susan Lucci to say something like this. [!@#$%^&*] company policy, honey, they just made you look like a fool a dozen times over.

I haven't cried yet. But I'm sure I will. I feel like a part of me died. That might sound sad, but I've known AMC and Erica Kane since I was 8 years old. I grew up with the show. Every part of my life, has had AMC in it. It's just hard to imagine it being gone in 6 months. :(

And OLTL, well, I was wondering about the staggering a few months ago, so I'm not surprised. I have to mourn AMC before I can even think about OLTL.

• Members

I've been on Twitter for a while, so I feel kind of speechless. I'm a bit numb to this news because I grew up watching soaps. I started watching when I was in 8th grade, and I haven't missed one episode. I'm graduating from college at the end of the year, so this is particularly sentimental to me. How could ABC do this? Two at once? Is Brian Frons throwing some office party as we speak? Is he toasting his brilliance with a bunch of other executives? Is he happy with his decision?

THE CHEW? It's pathetic. It's sad, and I hope NOBODY watches these disgusting replacement shows. It's wrong. My heart is shattered. Soap fans do not deserve this. I'm finding it tough to watch One Life to Live as I type this, I don't know if I can watch without my heart breaking, thinking of the last 40 years on air, the cast and crew who have lost their jobs, etc..

Archived