Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can only interpret that Bill Bell preferred Nikki and Jill just to be casual yet barely acquaintances, and Kay Alden wanted Nikki and Jill to be at each other's throats which she successfully gave us. 

Aw that was cute! 

Please register in order to view this content

I hope Jerry is doing well these days. 

• Members

Speaking of Bill Bell's way of writing Re: Nikki. Someone once commented that Nikki interacted with each of the Brooks sisters at different times over the years, but it came across onscreen that Nikki didn't realize they were all sisters till much later. Which sounds strange. 

I would love to see Nikki and Greg's 1979 wedding in The Brooks house surface online. I have seen fragments of it. I remember bit scenes of Nikki coming into the living room and a bouquet of red roses and Nikki smelling them, Nikki looking at herself in the mirror getting ready, her walking down the aisle towards Greg, A bit of their vows, Casey and Nikki discussing her finally being happy at the wedding reception, and she and Greg drinking champagne as they are toasted. 

• Members

Mid-1990s Nikki was so snooty lady of the manor. I remember the Nikki/Christine confrontation. It was before the shooting. Nikki witnessed Victor comforting Christine over Christine's broken engagement to Paul and then Nikki sauntered over to Legal Aid and put Christine on blast. It looked like Bill Bell was alluding to a potential Victor/Christine pairing before the shooting but thankfully that didn't happen.

• Members

And it's the automaticity of Jill slapping her back which gets me. It's like Nikki didn't quite realize that Jill was that bitch who was not intimidated in the slightest by Mrs. Victor Newman. 

As alluded to by @YRfan23 bringing Nikki and Jill into each other's orbits through Jabot, rather than Katherine, was genius.

I always liked that on Y&R while all the characters were in the same universe, they were not in each other's storylines - there was smaller storyline bubbles and characters would go a long time without interacting with each other - that's how real life is. 

• Members

And if im correct isn't that technically nikki/Christina's first interaction because they weren't ever in each others orbit, i would say as early as 1994 or 96.

Just like I haven't see. Nikki a d nina have interactions and that would have been awesome cause they are both powerhouses lol.

• Members

1985’s getting good! Finally get to see the aftermath of Ashley learning the truth about her paternity. I’m impressed by the effort they went to with all the outdoor shots in the pouring rain. She played the distraught woman really well, and the way she is behaving would make sense considering what she has just learned.

Also surprised at just how much involvement Kay had in that storyline, particularly the romantic involvement with Brent. What I’d love to know is - did there end up being any confrontation scene between Ashley and Dina once she had recovered from her amnesia?

ETA: also interesting to see Nikki’s jealousy of Ashley start to come to the fore when Victor mentions Ashley’s invitation to the Torchlight Club. The quadrangle is kicking into gear...

Edited by OzFrog