Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One thing I just noticed in the latest 1985 clips... it seems they played up the mystery as to the identity of which Abbott child Brent Davis fathered (the flashbacks seen always referred to “the child” rather than by name directly), and not actually revealing who the child was until later into the storyline. There is a snippet of a reveal where Brent tells Kay which child he fathered, but again it is unsure whether he referred to Ashley directly, or if it was insinuated.

I wonder if any of the more knowledgeable historians could fill any blanks here.

• Members

I'm not much of a historian lol, but they did tease us for while.  

We had several "spirited discussions" about it at my house.  One of my siblings was sure it was TRACI ("She's already so insecure; she'll probably leave town if Mr. Abbott isn't her father.  She'll think that's why she's fat!")  Another sibling thought it was JACK ("He's always trying to win Mr. Abbott's approval.  What if Mr. Abbott isn't even his father?").  I always said it was Ashley, because she was the strong assertive one (like Lorie Brooks, who'd already lived through pretty much the same story).  

• Members

Yes Lorie Brooks storyline has alot of similarities with ashley abbott, too bad these 2 women didn't get to really cross paths on the show, but i did love there interactions in 1984 at V&N wedding.

You could tell they have natural chemistry which would have been good to watch consistently i could see them both fighting or plotting on victor.

• Members

So Nikki spent all of 1980 in the Foster orbit..did she and Jill ever cross paths as sister in laws?

I asked my mom..and all she could recall was Liz trying to teach Nikki how to clean as Nikki played dumb..and Chris playing peace keeper with Greg and Nikki...but nothing about Jill

• Members

Not very often.  Nikki and Greg were usually involved in storylines about Nikki modeling lingerie for Rose DeVille's prostitution ring.  And Jill was normally caught-up with Derek Thurston and Stuart Brooks.  

Their paths rarely crossed.

Then they both spent most of the 1980s orbiting Kay Chancellor --- Nikki as Kay's best friend, and Jill as Kay's worst enemy.  But again, no crossover in the two stories.  

I don't remember Nikki and Jill dealing with one another much until about 1999, when Nikki and Brad bought into Jabot, and Jill and Nikki had a little sparring match about which of them was the sluttiest.    

• Members

Same thing i have always wondered to because the way they get into these arguments you would think they go way back to when nikki was dating greg but they more had a problem in the late 90's.

I would love to see the days of when nikki was in the foster orbit and what Stuart had to say about nikki lol

Wow did not have any knowledge of this last foster encounter, seems they did keep up with that set for abit and then i guess with jill moving into the Abbott house and her brother already gone also Liz appearing randomly there was no use in keeping the foster home on scene.

Does anyone know what happened to nikki and Casey old house set they had in 1979, i wonder how long they used that set until that was done.

• Members

For the longest time I always thought it was said that Jill hired that Nick Reed look-a-like  (One of Quinn Redeker's second or third roles after Nick Reed, but before Rex) to scare Nikki and Casey as payback for Nikki causing harm to Greg and getting Liz shot during the Rose DeVille stuff....Is that true or just an odd rumor they had going on? I don't remember if it says anything about that in the 1980-81 synopses??

When you think about it, it's kind of bizarre that during the time that Nikki was married to Greg and was an in-law to  the Foster family, Katherine wouldn't have at least known of Nikki considering she was still close to Liz for most of that time frame that Nikki was married to Greg from 79-81....Even though everyone had their separate stories, I sometimes find it hard to believe that nothing was mentioned in passing about Snapper and Greg to Katherine from Liz, and about their love lives. There were so many beats that Bill Bell probably didn't play when Katherine and Nikki became friends...like the fact that she was her friend Liz's former daughter -in-Law, and her arch nemesis, former Sister-In-Law. I forgot that Brock actually knew Nikki first because he was friends with Casey! was that mentioned when Katherine started to know Nikki?? 

Not to criticize Bill Bell but I feel like most writers would bank on all those character connections, but it seems he choose to ignore a lot of them until it was convenient. 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Speaking of Jill and Nikki I don’t even recall the two interacting even when Jill had her fling with Victor or when the two had a quasi triangle involving Jed Sanders in 1994. Oddly after Victor’s shooting in 1996 we did have Nikki randomly threaten Christine over her growing friendship with Victor. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

That's an interesting question. Here is a clip of Jerry Douglas running into Lauren Koslow at the Emmys a few years ago. Starts at the 0:58 mark. If you listen hard, you can hear Jerry say he and LK worked together on "The Old and Useless":

One of my favourite scenes. Jill takes her slap like a champ and then gives Nikki the foulest look when she slaps her right back!