Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I don't recall there being any mention at all that Rex Sterling resembled Nick Reed.  We know that the two men were obviously dead ringers because they were played by the same actor, but I don't think it was ever brought to our attention in the dialogue.   Jill found Brian Romalotti/Rex Sterling asleep in a park and decided he was someone she could dress-up and transform into a suitable date for Kay.   No mention was ever made that he looked like Nikki's dead father.   

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh Yes i completely forgot she dated Christine's dad lol, didn't crickets dad him talk to nikki about Sheila one time in a scene or I might be incorrect about that.

Also i know random but in the 1984 clips i see a lot of Julia and diane at jabot modeling and i think since 1982 both have been involved with jabot, does anyone know if those 2 shared a scene somewhere in there?

• Members

I also read somewhere how Peggy Brooks invited nikki to stay at the Brooks home for abit i think this was either 1979 or 80 but they seemed to have a couple interactions in those days but i don't think nikki knew Lorie or leslie not sure.

• Members

Im pretty sure they did, I would love for some 1980 episodes or clips to join the vault. I have not seen enough from that time but was very happy to see 82!

Do you know what month nikki would have stopped talking to greg before the victor shift? I dont think greg or victor crossed paths in the midst of that cross over.

• Members

That's right.  Nikki and Peggy Brooks had become acquainted during the "cult" storyline.  Shortly after that storyline closed, Nikki went to the Brooks house to see her mother-in-law Liz about something or another, and Peggy was at home.  The two girls reconnected, and Peggy offered her a place to stay if she ever needed one.  

Nikki had already known Chris Brooks for a good while, as they were married to the two Foster brothers.

Nikki met Leslie Brooks when either Casey or Victor (can't remember which) arranged for Leslie to give Nikki some piano lessons, to determine whether or not Nikki had any real talent for the piano.    

And then of course Nikki encountered Lorie Brooks during that period of time when Nikki was married to the earnest but scatter-brained Kevin, And Lorie was trying to take Prentiss Industries away from Victor.   

• Members

IIRC, Christine got into the Newman orbit around Summer/Fall 1995 when Nick was accused of shooting Matt Clark. After Nick's trial, I seem to remember Victor hiring Christine for the Newman Enterprises legal department. I still can't believe Bill Bell would allude to a potential Victor/Christine pairing in 1996 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Some questions I have about the Brent/Ashley storyline thus far:

• One of the creepy truck drivers was about to attempt to attack Ashley in the motel while she was sleeping, but the subsequent clips seemed to skip over the outcome of that. What happened there?
  • It seems that Victor knows that Brent is Ashley’s father, but how would he have found that out? Was it Dina who told him?
  • If so, how did it come about that Dina told Victor in the first place?

• Members

Per 4/9/85 SOD synopsis: Hank the other truck driver saves Ashley from Vince. Hank drives off with Vince, leaving Ashley at the truck stop.  (but Vince vows to later track Ashley down again) Victor meets with Dina and “puts the puzzle pieces together”, correctly guessing that Brent is Ashley’s father.

• Members

1985 uploads so far are so good. The feud and quadrangle are building up. So many stories are going to culminate in the first half of 1986, the peak of the Bill Bell/H. Wesley Kenney era.

Not digging the mob princess storyline. Still can't believe Y&R went there with Whiteface Tyrone.

There's even another action hero Victor rescue sequence complete with cheesy 1980s music 

Can't wait to see more of 1985 and hopefully the first half of 1986.

• Members

The uploader is on a roll, I can hardly keep up...

Not done watching 1984 yet, but I've started uploading some full episodes from 1985 to complement these. Hopefully more people will share

Added to vault 

1/18/85 

1/25/85

5/27/85 (could be 5/26?)

6/13/85

11/5/85