One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really am having a hard time understanding Lucas this season. His motivations and reasons for staying with Lindsey are shakey at best and it makes him look like a heel 7 times out of 10. I don't understand him. It would be different if he truely loved Lindsey and 100% wanted to be with her but it's clear that he still has unresolved feelings for Peyton. He is more or less stringing both of them along and it's going to end up hurting all of them in the end. Lucas proposing to Lindsey seems to be nothing more then a cheap sweeps ploy, and it apparently seemed to have worked since the show increased 5% in viewers for the last half an hour of the episode last night.

I personally thought that this episode did nothing for the development for the storylines. All the characters were virtually running in place. Brooke/Sophia still kicking up sand at one another, Nathan was still flirting with the idea of sleeping with the Nanny, Peyton/Lucas still arguing but not really getting anywhere. The only things that were progressive this episode were Mouth's job storyline and the proposal (cough plot point cough).

The ratings seem to be up this week, it's supposedly the highest rated episode this season since the season premiere. Who knew trapping people in a club and confounding them into a bar would raise ratings so much. :rolleyes: but it was awesome seeing K-Fed puncehd out by that Owen dude.

FYI: One Tree Hill should start filming again soon. The CW is looking to air the next 5-6 episodes after the 12th episode "Hundred" this season.

Ratings:

In Da Club February 12, 2008 3.21 million

Ratings increased by 370,000 viewers last night. Which officially makes the episode the second highest rated episode of the season. That's a healthy increase. I wonder what the reason for the spike was. Let's see if they can build and hold onto the viewers from this episode. Seasonal average also went up a point from 3.07 to a 3.08 which means that the season is doing better then last seasons projected average by about 180,000 viewers. Compare 3.08 to last seasons average of 2.9

• Members

I have never been a Peyton fan....never will be either...

And I of course can see the writing on the wall for Nathan's butt...of course he'll make up an excuse to stray with Scary Carrie...

The episode kind of reminded me of Beverly Hills 90210 (the Nathan/Quinten scenes)....I recall Brandon having to help out DeShawn (the football player who thought all he had to do was run on the football field to graduate) and DeShawn calling him out on his little thing for the professor's wife....same scenario in a sense, since Nathan's truly hot under the collar for skanoid Carrie....

• Members

I love Peyton but I guess I can see how possibly some don't. I felt the same way about Brooke until this season where I can actually see some of the reasons why she is the way she is (or was 4 years ago). I always felt that out of all of them Peyton has been through the most traumatic stuff (2 moms dying is terrible) and because of that she puts these walls up which makes it frustrating for those who love her because they have to fight to get through those walls. I just was a little disappointed in Lucas in leaving her when she didn't accept his proposal. Not everyone is Nathen/Haley and with the abandonment issues Peyton has had, eh wasn't thrilled.

I DO see where he is coming from now presently though. He didn't know Peyton was going to return, he didn't know she came to his book signing and now she's back but he's built a life with this other woman. He may not have even known he was in love with Peyton still until she returned. He shouldn't propose to Lindsey though but I think it's more a case of him being in denial about Peyton or fighting his feelings. I think on some level he DOES love Lindsey but sadly for her she will always come 2nd to Peyton. I kinda like her though so I hope when she and Lucas inevitably break up, that she sticks around.

• Members

I am not much of a Peyton fan either and tonight she really annoyed me. Why is it that she only realizes that she loves him when he is happy with someone :angry:

I am realy hoping that Nathan doesn't cheat on Haley I understand that they have to have some sort of conflict so they don't get totally boring, but come on now.

It is kind of funny that you brought up the 90210 connection, because I kind of felt the whole episode had 90210 vibe. And I can so see a Brandon/Tracy with Lucas/Lindsey with Lindsey finding the ring in the drawer and assuming it was for her.

• Members

Almost all of Naley's angst was dispelled agter the third or fourth episode. So them doing this adultry storyline is just stupid. Quite honestly it would have made much more sense if Nathan cheated during his depression then now. They are just making Haley act stupid in some lame attempt to try and make Nathan's indescetions seem plausiable. Seriously there fight during the last ten minutes of the show was so contrived that I was amazed Bethany could get threw it in one piece.

• Members

"OTHfans.com is the first to confirm that One Tree Hill will be getting 6 more episodes and will go back to filming soon!

After speaking to several sources, it is confirmed that OTH will get 6 more episodes. Sources also say that they will start filming again on March 3rd.

Now that does mean there will be about a 1-month break in the airing of OTH... with episodes returning on April 14th.

Keep checking OTHfans.com for more details."

Michelle

• Members

OTH Moves to Mondays?

Since the news release of OTH picking up 6 more episodes and returning to air on Monday, April 14th... there are a lot of questions about it being aired on Mondays.

The truth is that OTH will be moving to Mondays at 9pm. Hopes are to boost OTH ratings even more with "Gossip Girl" as the lead-in.

source : http://www.onetreehillfans.com/

Michelle

• Members

GG does horriable in the ratings and they themselves can barely hold on to thier 2.6 million weekly viewers. The only reason The CW kept that show on was because it's a bleeding network, it had a strong online fanbase and their itunes sales were strong. Other than that G.G. isn't really all that great when it comes to the ratings. There ratings are atrocious.

• Members

I thought today's episode was pretty heavy. We got to see everyone's motivations, got significant character development and we got to see some strong scenes as well. I personally think that Brooke's storyline is crap. She is mostly just supporting and she has no leading story besides her job and this faux love interest isn't inspiring anything. I feel like she isn't being used in her full capacity and I keep scratching my head as to why Marc just refuses to write for this girl. He hasn't written her anything signifcant in the entire season. He completely dropped the Mother angle some two episodes ago and I have a feeling he isn't all too interested in bringing it back.

Haley was aggravating to me. Not only because of her attitude but because of the fact that she is so condescending and judging when not to long ago she was the one who abandoned her husband for life on the road with another man. Surely she knows how important marriage is after she left her husband for a recording contract. I understand where she is coming from but she has no right to judge Lucas and Peyton. More over I am not understanding this fierce loyalty to Lindsey who she only just met like a month or so ago.

I wish Nathan would just cheat and get it over with.

Peyton, she really was the "heart" of the show this week wasn't she. I felt that she got the spotlight this week. I felt sorry for her this week she really loves Lucas and truely feels lost without him. The final scene where she was drawing on the pool table was very poignant especially with that one single tear. I never really thought of Hilare as a strong romantic lead but she is fastly proving me wrong. Especially over the course of the last three episodes. Her longing for Lucas is palpable she is really selling this love story. Even if I am only psuedo feeling it from Chad's end.

Lucas, it is getting quite difficult to not only understand this character but to like him. He knows he still has unresolved feelings for Peyton and while he may love Lindsey it's not fair to her. He keeps digging himself a greater and deeper grave each episode. At first with the proposal and then with the "quick" wedding. He isn't ready to commit to her and he knows it.

Lindsey, this is the first episode that I actually liked her in. I don't feel any way towards her but this was the first episode I found her likeable in. She loves Lucas and she really wants a life with him. Too bad he doesn't love her.

Ratings:

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want February 19, 2008 2.9 million

2.9 million viewers tuned into last nights episode. Which is a loss of 310,000 viewers from the last episode which is a big OUCH! Which brings the seasonal average down to an estimated 3.06 million veiwers still an up from last seasons average of 2.9

• Members

Well this is weird because we never agreed on anything AMC wise but it seems on OTH we agree on a lot haha. Haley was annoying me as well but I assumed she knew Lindsey for awhile (during those lost years), unless I missed it that Lindsey just moved into town. I felt for Peyton as well, Hilarie has come a long way acting wise IMO. I think Chad is good too but he is probably a little confused as to how he's supposed to be playing Lucas since the writing for him is a little weird right now. I KNOW he loves Peyton, what I am confused is if he loves Lindsey or not. Sometimes I think he does (not as strong as Peyton) and other times I think he's just in denial. I just want them to get Lucas and Peyton together. I do love conflict and everything but it'd be so much easier if Lindsey were this mean witch and she's not. It's def interesting though.

• Members

In my opinonmost of OTH's couples only work with conflict. When they are happy it's boring. Atleast with this conflict we get to see Hilarie spread her wings. She really is going all out this season. I don't know what has inspired her or what has given her this new focus or new outlook but she is on fire. She always was able to sell this isolated, tragic angle however I didn't think she was that great in selling the love stories she was in (I always felt Chad sold the early Leyton and I felt tepid about Jake/Peyton) but she is really going all out with this new storyline.

I really do feel sorry for Lindsey. Before I didn't really care about her, but after that one proposal scene we really got to SEE how much she cares and loves him and it's just not right. Lucas is coming off as a heel. Which is bad because he is supposed to be our main protagonist.

I am interested to here about the new episodes after episode 12....

• Members

I love Lindsay. I have since she first came on.

I also love Peyton and always have.

This triangle is OTHs best, IMHO. Because everyone is well defined and you understand them much more than when they were teens.

Peyton regrets letting Lucas go and still love him. Furthermore, it isnt one sided her going after him because she (and lids) knows that He still loves Her. Lucas is really conflicted. He does love them both. Linds loves Lucas now. She isnt weak and she isnt going to let go without a fight.

Loved that they brough up the shooting. Loved that they gave Linds layers. Loved this episode.

Hilarie is really good. She has improved the most, IMHO.

• Members

I wasn't sure about the whole cliche trapped together episode but I really liked last nights episode. I do like Peyton (although in the other seasons not all the time) but I've never not liked Lindsey. I think the writing has been good in the sense that you don't dislike one or the other (Peyton or Lindsey). And I really liked Mouth remembering Jimmy. The explanation for Haley and Lindsey being close worked well for me too.

Michelle

Archived