One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

This is so great that CW is giving one tree hill 22 episodes for Season 5. One Tree Hill is going to kick some serious ass in the ratings. That means i have more hope that Lucas and Brooke will end up together with 22 episodes instead of 13.

I hope Mark S, the creator of OTH writes Lucas and Brooke as the end game. I understand that he wants to please all the viewers with Leyton fans and Brucas Fans. I for one and hoping for Brucas because i love Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush in scenes together, they have such hot chemistry. Its as hot as Allison Sweeney and James scott on days. lol

Mark promises that Season 5 will show alot of emotion between the characters etc. Mark does not lie, he isn't like Brian Fronz or Ken Corday. Mark S actually cares about the fans. He is hoping for season 6 next if Season 5 does good in ratings which i expect for them to do quite well.

http://www.othforums.com/viewthread.php?tid=27620

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

wow. skipping ahead was a great idea. its almost like watching a breand new show.

i loved it. brooek davis rocked the fashion world. peyton failed in l.a. and lost who she was; lucas couldnt write; nathan's career was over; hayleys marriage falling apart....

i also love the kid who plays James/Jamie he is sooo cute and a good actor for his age. I love the bond they have between him and Brooke as well.

I am loving the flashbacks. You leanr a little, not too much, but enough to understand, but it leaves you wanting more.

I also love how it ended with everyone comming home.

Brooke buying Karnes old lot to turn into her office; Peyton running her own record label - backed by brookes money - in the office at tric; lucas writing again; haylee reaching her breaking point and nathan waking up.

i cant wait for the rest of this season.

• Members

Wow it's been awhile. I've been so busy not having time to post or even get online but I just had to say I saw OTH last night and the show was amazing. The skip was an awesome idea and everything just seems like a breath of fresh air. I am totally loving Lucas and Peyton still and kinda like how his new girlfriend is giving them some sort of conflict so it wont be to easy but I can't wait till they find their way back to each other :)

• Members

my jaw dropped i was shcoked that DZ was brookes mother - AND I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN MONTHS AGO! (when i read she joined the cast i called it, thats just tooo good of casting for it not to be her mother). great ending now.

jamie lucas is the best. he steals the show! less mouth! more jamie!!

was there a point for lucas opr skillz in this episode? no didnt think so.

love the nany and the new girlfriend. good casting, bother broguht on in a good way and both tie to the show well.

loved the nanny showing nathan jamie's secret. that was cute.

the dinner at the end was so sweet.

and peyton vs lucas girlfriend = awsome!

k-fed wasnt as bad as i thought. thats good.

• Members

K-Fed might want to transition into acting. He's not bad at all.

I am loving the balance of this season. I really think the writers tuned into BH90210 and MP to see how to work this cast. It didn't feel like Lucas' show, which is a good thing.

• Members

Another great episode. Did see that one coming either about Zuniga's character beeing Brooke's mother.

Word!

It felt like the "old OTH" when Mouth saw the evil employer at her office, walked in and told her off. Of course it ended with a kiss... :rolleyes:

Jamie is the best though. I enjoy every scene he's in. The dedication to his dad in the closet was the cutest thing ever.

Ohh, and it was great seeing Paul Johnasson again. He directed the last episode by the way (5.02 - Racing Like a Pro).

• Members

That kid looks exactly like CMM. Someone baby cloned him from his dna or something. He looks so much like Chad's kid. He looks absolutely nothing like JL nor Bethany. I am still trying to see how in the world that worked out.

nepotism at it's worst.

I will say that I thought the first/second episodes were great. However I didn't care for the third episode and now it looks like we only have nine or so to go until this season is over. I love Brooke and I love that they had so much interaction between Brooke and Lucas. I am a major fan of Sophia Bush and Chad Micheal Murray. They are both just awesome and they have a great chemistry. SB has grown so much into her role and Brooke is now my favorite female character on OTH.

Major praises to James Laferty for learning how to act during the break because quite honestly watching him was getting to be painful.

I will say that so far the ratings seem atrocious. The show dropped over 850,000 veiwers within a one week period. That's a massive down. Nearly a quarter of their previous audience tuned out. Not a good way to start the season, especially since the CW might cancel it if it doesn't perform well enough.

1 "4 Years, 6 Months, 2 Days" January 8, 2008 3.36

2 "Racing Like a Pro" January 8, 2008 3.59

3 "My Way Home is Through You" January 15, 2008 2.74

• Members

The ratings increased this week.

It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) January 22, 2008 3.05

I really thought that we were going to get a real scene this week, as it turns out nothing yet again. I was actually really thrilled when Peyton went after Lucas after he told her "he's not good enough for you". I thought Lucas and Peyton were going to have a real fight and that we would get to see something interesting and some movement in the storylines. But atlas no, what we got was a red herring. A silly little scene where Peyton just says "don't do that Lucas it's not fair!".

I think that could have been so much more emotional, so much better and overall much more interesting if they actually did go threw with it and have Lucas and Peyton stop tip-toeing around one another and get to the meaty stuff. But it is probably going to take for ever for them to finally talk something out.

I am not a fan of most of the storylines. I don't casre for Lucas job coaching the basketball team, Hayley's teaching job, Brooke's clothing line or Peyton's producing, ect. These job storylines are uneventful and uninteresting. I don't care about the stupid basketball player who sees no reason to go to school nor do I care about the Federage and "his band".

The meat of One Tree Hill has always been in the relationships. Be it rivalries, friendships, romances, families, ect. As it turns out none of this is present. Naley are happy again (why?) quite honestly Naley drama is what the show needed for both characters. We needed to see the destructive and not so pretty side of marriage so that they could over come it and we would root for them. Quite honestly the fantasy that is Naley has been nauseatingly sweet since they were together. Not to mention unbelieveable as teen marriage, teen pregnancies, basketball/music careers DON'T happen like that 97% of the time.

It is possiable for Naley not to be happy 24/7 no? Quite honestly it finally gives their relationship a sense of realism. But it's not to be. Hopefully Nathan sleeps with the Nanny because I am beyond tired of the fantasy that is Naley.

Brooke is celibate (which is uninteresting for story development), Lucas/Lindsey/Peyton are boring as nothing is happening right now and Racheal is seemingly non-existant.

The only interesting developments to me so far is Brooke/Mother and Mouth/Boss lady

Hopefully next week will be more interesting with the Brucas/Leyton shift.

Archived