One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually thought they weren't going to do the 'nanny affair' thing, but I guess they are. Even though its completely overused I didn't think Marky Mark would do that to "OTH's best couple" but I guess he is. I don't get the "Naley" love personally. I always thought Nathan was an ass, and more or less I always believed that Bethany was a much stronger and capable actress then Lafferty could ever dream of being and I always though that Bethany's talent was diminished in scenes with him. Especially over the years where she began to find herself and truely came to understand her character in season two.

Lindsey is boring. Leyton/Brucas are the obvious meat in this storyline. No matter how much Mark wants us to believe that "it's so high school" trying to pretend that the last 4 years weren't a complete and total triangle is beyond ignorant. That's where most of the core veiwers tuned in for. Not for Lundsey. Boring.

I know that OTH always starts off slow when the season first starts but it seems like we are half way threw the season and nothing important is happening. Brooke opended a flop store, Peyton signed a talented artist, Haley is Peyton's assistant and Lucas is struggling to be a coach....

• Members

Sorry if this is spoilery...but from what I read over at OTHFans.com they aren't doing the Nanny affair thing. Supposbly Haley catches the Nanny attempting to make a move on Nathan and fires her on the spot....which ties into the big cliffhanger in the last episode that has been taped for the first half of the season (episode 12). So I'm wondering if what we saw in the preview for next week of Carrie and Nathan making out is a nightmare or something of Haleys?

Michelle

• Members

I don't get it, How are we halfway through the season? we had like three eps. Regardless I don't mind the whole thing with their careers, it was an extension of what they were trying to do in High School. I like this season, but I really miss the drama with the adult characters (even though the "kids" are now adults I mean "adult" as in someone over 35 like Deb/Dan/Karen etc etc).

• Members

We just saw episode five on Tuesday. There is only going to be twelve episodes this season. So we are almost halfway threw this season of One Tree Hill and there is a possibility that it won't get picked up for another season if it doesn't perform well in its time slot.

We lost over 240,000 veiwers this week.

"I Forgot to Remember to Forget" January 29, 2008 2.81

The seasonal average seems to be around 3.1 million which is an up from season 4 (2.9) but a down a seasonal high which for this season is 3.59 versus season fours high of 4.2.

I think the adult characters won't be seen to much. They mostly ended their storylines back in season four. Karen confronted Dan over Keith's death, Deb went to rehab and got cleaned up and became a suitable parent and grandmother and Dan finally went to jail. I don't think Mark is going to be doing too much more with the "older generation".

• Members

I'm hearing that the first half of "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" (the Lucas-Peyton half) was the lowest half of the night, while the second half (the Brooke-Lucas) portion was able to rebound and gain veiwers. I really think that American Idol is killing OTH. They should have brought it back earlier and maybe give it a chance at filming more episodes. Nip/Tuck and other shows were able to get out 15 episodes or so for their seasons. Heck even Dexter finished taping their entire season pretty quickly. I only wish that OTH had the time to do an actual season instead of the 12 episode run their doing.

I am also hearing a few spoilers on the season finale episode "Hundred". PM me if you want to know.

• Members

^i have a friend at CW, she said that from what she can tell they feel the same way about OTH now that they did last year. it does okay, and has a fan base, and its safer than taking a risk. apparently, the execs are much happier with the show in term of storyline and quality tho. and that soap net deal helps out a lot.

my problem with oth is that i forget it's on. and then remember half way through.

• Members

Oh thanks but I guess if I have so few eps left I want everything to surprise me LOL. I'm glad the ep went up rather than down. I just hope the writers don't take that as a sign that Brooke/Lucas did it since I don't think that was it LOL!

• Members

I honestly forgot about Soapnet. I am sure it does well for them on the cable network at attracting teenage viewers. It's virtually the 00's version of Dawsons Creek more or less. I am sure that the CW are looking for shows to stop the bleeding of their network because as it stands now none of their shows are really record breakers. On the contrary I think the WB did better then the CW has done. I personally think that the CW (The WB) is just too quick to kill things and that's why they are in such a low when it comes to viewers. Quite honestly the only show I watch on the CW is OTH, the killed Gilmore Girls and didn't even give it a proper ending when that was one of their highest rated shows they did the same thing with Reba too.

They cancel their most successful shows and then are surprised when no one tunes in. lol.

This season is so-so for me. I don't think it's neccessairly bad per-say. But I don't think it's the best either. I am feeling luke warm about this season at best. OTH seems to go in waves of boring to good most of the time anyway.

• Members

ITA with everything you said.

i miss The WB so much, lol. everything about it. esp the late 90's/early00's bumpers with the stars on the blacklot.

the soapnmet deal actually helped quie a bit to bring OTH back for this season, and i could be wrong but i believe in the deal it stated the show had to go on for two more seasons, and if not there is a fee CW/OTYH owners/Someone has to pay, but idk about all that.

• Members

Ratings increased by 30,000 viewers for the last episode of One Tree Hill.

Don't Dream It's Over February 5, 2008 2.84 the seasonal average is around 3.07 million which is an .17 up from last seasons average (2.9) this episode was quite boring in my opinon. The only notable scenes were Peyton/Lucas and Brooke/Victoria.

Archived