One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

IMHO all the relationships work better than they ever have. They are now much more deep and they all have confilct and pain. And it is much more than high school drama. Brooke jetted of to NYC, Peytok booked it to LA, and Hayley stayed in TH. All couldnt have been hapier for eachother - but in time they also kinda lost touch and grew apart.

Hayley became good friends with Linds, who Lucas fell in love with after Peyton turned him down. Brook got her mothers "love" and has relied on that for years now, not her friendships like she use to. Lucas & Nathan became closer than ever.

I love it. All of it. The fast forward was great. I knew it would be. Dawsons Creek did it best tho! lol.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh. Lindsey has lost my sympathy that I had for her in the episode before this last one. I just felt that the writers were trying to hard to make her feel victimized by Peyton. Having the whole cancer storyline added in their seemed like a trump card to make Peyton/Lindsey make nice and have Peyton be nice to her. When if she doesn't like Lindsey then she shouldn't have to like her regardless of if they have the cancer thing in common.

Hayley is getting on my nerves as well. There is just something about the Lindsey/Hayley relationship that just irks me and I don't like how she is seemingly playing favorites. She has lost my vote, which is alot since I supported her threw the entire season two mess of a storyline.

I still feel that Lucas is directionalist and he is going to scoarch the earth and end up hurting all of the people involved in this triangle. The Mouth segments were boring. Nathan is irrelevant. Jaime is Lucas's son.

I felt the episode tried to hard to incoperate the shooting. However it does set up the next episode rather well since it's Dan's parole hearing. But I didn't feel it served a place in this episode and quite honestly I don't think it gave a respect to the episode at all. "This will be the second time you've bleed all over this libary", "This isn't the first time we were locked in this building", ect. Seemingly making light over the fact that two people lost their lives in these halls.

Brooke is a bright spot but she is seldomed used this season. I don't care for Nathan and in terms of acting I still feel that James Laffery is light years away from where he is supposed to be as a leading man. Chad has lost his footing but I stil think even when he is lost as to where his character is going he handles the role exceptionally. Hilarie has surpassed everyone and has completely blown me away this season in terms of acting. Quite honestly I have never seen her so invested and so strong as she is. She is working this storyline to her advantage and is making me a fan of Peyton something I haven't been since mid season one. This girl is pulling out all the stops and is putting everything into her performences.

I don't feel Bethany has been invested in her material since the season opener. She's been little more then an automaton lately.

• Members

I hope they dont have them become nice to eachother, but instead fake nice. i love frenemies.

Really? Because i so dont blame her for being loyal to Linds. Brooke & Peyton and her grew apart. linds has been only friends for years now. Besides, peyton & Hayley have never been close.

I agree. I also wish we got less mouth. I would also like to know what happened to Bevin and Rachel

I felt the episode tried to hard to incoperate the shooting. However it does set up the next episode rather well since it's Dan's parole hearing. But I didn't feel it served a place in this episode and quite honestly I don't think it gave a respect to the episode at all. "This will be the second time you've bleed all over this libary", "This isn't the first time we were locked in this building", ect. Seemingly making light over the fact that two people lost their lives in these halls.

ITA! This episode really should have been all about peyton. Instead of Linds freaking out about being lcoked in, Peyton should have lost it about being lcoked in the exact same building where she almost died. What it is like for a person that was shot in a school shooting to go back to that place.

Brooke is a bright spot this season, and i am shocked because i have hated her for years. I do agree about JL, but i dont see nathan as a leading man. Nathan & Lucas were the stars of this show for the first two seasons, then it really became an ensemble show, and this season it is much more about the girls and the boys are much more supporting, IMHO. and i couldnt agree more about Hil. She has come a long long way. BJL & SB had the talent when the show started, both growing more. JL has improved a bit, and Chad is a lot better, but Hil went from okay (and only reason i say okay and awfu is because she fit well into the role of peyton. she was a limited actress, but not horrid) to the shining star this seasons.

I am excited for more dan next week!

on a good note, OTH's ratings went up!

I don't feel Bethany has been invested in her material since the season opener. She's been little more then an automaton lately.

• Members

Haley has been pissing me off this season too. She comes down on Peyton for wanting Lucas but this is the same chick who damn near blew her own marriage to hell because she "needed" to be a singer. I just don't get her always on Lindsey's side when she knows how Peyton is. She had no problem pushing Lucas and Peyton when he was with Brooke but now that he's with her new BFF Lindsey, it's wrong. Haley knows better that anyone that no matter who Lucas is with, he'll always love Peyton more. She's too worried about someone else's relationship to see that her own husband is 3 secondds away from screwing the nanny.

• Members

Brooke has actually been a favorite of mine for a while. However I didn't start to love her until seasons 2/3, then Mark turned her into this unreasonable selfish shrew after the shooting and this raging bitch in season four for no real reason other then to have a petty cat fight between Peyton and her. Quite honestly I think he hates Bush. He cuts her scenes, writes her horridly and then back burners her and gives her uninteresting romances.

I always felt that Bethany was wasted on James. She is such an excellent actress who is able to find reality in anything and break your heart with her vulnerability and honestly I believe she is the most realistic and organic actress on the entire series (not to say that she is the best actress on the show) just that I find her to be natural and believable as a mother, a musician, a teacher, producer, ect. I believe Bethany in her scenes.

I thought Sophia Bush was the best romantic lead One Tree Hill has ever had, prior to season 5. She was excellent in her romances and you could see the love and heart she felt for Lucas in seasons 1-3. She is a very strong romantic lead and her chemistry with was excellent and her scenes with him made me a fan of Brucas and I felt that she was able to sell the romance extremely well. Sophia Bush has a niche for romance like no one else in those seasons and IMO Leyton didn't compare in the earlier seasons to Brucas. Just because I never felt Hilare was a strong romantic lead. Hilare was the best dramatic actress on the series. Not really Romantic.

She has been excellent this season. Her prior seasons I felt she sold the drama and the angst well. But I never really believed in her romantic loves just because I never felt she was invested but these last episodes show that her love for Lucas and her pain and longing for him are palpable.

• Members

Ya, know. I dont even know why i hated her, but i always have. As for Mark, idk. I do know him and Hil are super close, but i dont think he lets who he is cloe with and not close with bleed into the show much, otherwise burton woulda been the shinning star for years. i am sure he would know her strengths and weakness'.

But i do think after the shooting brooke just became a raging selfish bitch, prior to that she was a raging bitch, but cared for peyton no matter what.

I agree, i never see Beth when i look at her in anything she is. I honestly think she is Hayley on OTH, CloneReva on GL, etc. I buy her as a rockstar, a teacher, a mother, a whatever. She also does snarky bitch well.

I agree, except i never bought Brucas a s a couple. I think it was more the story than anything. I also felt they were pushed, Like a insta pop up soap couple we are TOLD to love. Leyton i always liked, just because they were much more subtle and minor and had this deeper connection.

I agree, i always felt peyton was at her best, and hil did the best, with pain. real pain. honest human pain.

• Members

For Tonight You're Only Here to Know 3.17 million viewers

One Tree Hill got quite an interesting increase for this episode. OTH gained 270,000 viewers for that episode and also managed to bump the seasonal average up to 3.07 which is still a 170,000 viewer lead from last seasons 2.9. So far it's the third most watched episode this season right after the season premiere and "In Da Club" a few weeks back.

Well I always felt that Peyton was "the" female lead of OTH. While Hayley and Brooke were more or less just supporting players used to either add conflict to the leading characters or there to support them in stories. It wasn't until Bethany and Brooke began going into their own stories in season 2 that I truely saw them as leading characters standing on their own two feet. When Hayley actually seperated from Nathan and when Brooke began being her own independent woman was when I definied them as leads. Prior to that they were more or less dependent on the big three for story.

I think Mark completely ruined Brooke's character during the last few episodes of season three and all of season four. It seemed like he tried to completely destroy Brucas beyond comprehension and recovery so he could have Brooke support Leyton, which if he was a better story teller he wouldn't have had to done that. Quite honestly Brooke's entire attitude was just unconcieveablly selfish (her wanting Lucas to save her when the fact remains that his uncle died and he himself was in danger with a dying Peyton) and wasn't even supportive enough to try and understand what went on in that building. Perhaps it was due to the reason that Brooke wasn't in the building and thus didn't know but still one would think she would have some understanding kiss or not. Then they had Brooke break up with Lucas because the reason was he didn't miss her enough back which at that point had to be atleast a month or so ago. Was poor writing and then the unbelieveably bitchiness started and she became a cartoon.

I actually felt that the audience was told to like Leyton. I felt that season four was an entirely contrived setting for both characters. I felt that Lucas himself was told to go to Peyton's arms by multiple characters and I didn't feel that his "moment of clarity" was really natural. I honestly felt that they tried to hard to reunite Leyton during last season. They had Nathan, Skills, Brooke, Racheal, Hayley, ect. all telling Luke that he should be with Peyton not really us showing it and quite honestly the "hero" thing wore thin about the time Derek stepped in. Not to say I don't like Lucas or Peyton but I just felt their romantic relationship during season 4 was a contrived mess.

I thought they had chemistry in seasons one (during the drive to identify the body), season three (Naley's story book wedding party) and now. However during season four I felt it was the most unbelieveable and heavy handed writing of the series. I have a lot of problems with season four as you can see.

• Members

^i agree about season 4. the couples were a mess, and i do agree it was made to support leyton as a couple, however before that i didnt find anything that told me to like leyton, i just kinda fell for them. i actually enjoyed them in other relationships, but still wanted them together.

i also think mark figured season 4 was it, and i think he always had the intent to end it with leyton and thats why he tried so hard to end it with them, then he got the go ahead for the fast forward.

the school shooting episode was the best episode, ever, IMHO. the only one that even comes close to that one is right before nayleys re-wedding, when they all put the play together about there romance, and peyton tells brooke shes in love with lucas.

• Members

OTH Gets Season 6

OTHfans.com is the first OTH website to break the news... OTH has been picked up for a 6th season!!!

Below is the official press release from the CW:

THE CW ANNOUNCES EARLY PICKUPS OF SERIES:

"Gossip Girl"

"One Tree Hill"

"Smallville"

"Supernatural"

"Everybody Hates Chris"

"America's Next Top Model"

To Return Next Season

March 03, 2008 (Burbank, California) - The CW announced early pickups of six series today, including the network's signature reality hit, AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, four dramas and one comedy. All six series will return for the fall season.

The network's most popular series, AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL will return with mega-star Tyra Banks for cycles 11 and 12. Returning dramas include the buzz-worthy freshman hit GOSSIP GIRL, and ONE TREE HILL, returning for a sixth season. These three series are the top-ranked shows on television with a concentration of women 18-34 viewers.

Also renewed were the long-running Thursday night team of SMALLVILLE, which will begin its eighth season, and SUPERNATURAL, which will begin its fourth season. In addition, the critically acclaimed comedy EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS will return for season four.

Michelle

• Members

What's sad is that Smallville, Supernatural and OTH are perhaps the CW's strongest shows and all three of them can barely hold on to three million viewers most of the time. Long gone are the days of Buffy, Felicity and Dawsons Creek which were all at one point able to boost around 7-8 million viewers a night.

I honestly don't know if I am excited for a sixth season. This season has been so slow that the show hasn't really given me anything interesting to work with. This triangle is so one-sided it's transparent, Brooke's storyline is non-existent, Racheal is MIA, Naley has no steam in their storyline and all in all the season has been very, very dull story wise. Hopefully OTH can pick it up during these next 8-9 episodes.

• Members

It doesn't take much to suck me into an episode haha...but I was really into tonight's episode, although I think the part with the bartender was more for him to take his shirt off then anything else haha. Thought the Nathan and Haley stuff was well done too.

Michelle

• Members

One Tree Hill lost 120,000 viewers from last week which is a notable down. Which brings the seasonal average down to a 3.06 million which is still a sizeable up of about 160,000 viewers from last seasons 2.9

Running to Stand Still March 4, 2008 3.05 million

I really don't know what to say for this episode. I am glad that Racheal has been added back to the cast and I feel that her storyline has reinvigorated my interest in Brooke and has even gotten me interested in Owen who was more or less eye candy for most of the season. I am glad that Mark added more depth to him and I am glad that Brooke has gotten something meatier then what she has gotten with this Victoria/Leyton mess. I hope that Mark doesn't drop this storyline because this is the one storyline that he has going for him at this point. He's batting average is crap right now for all of the leading characters storywise.

I don't care about Peyton and her music label storyline. I care about Peyton and how she is coping with Lindsey/Lucas, not about some second rate character who wants to steal her artist.

I thought Mark attempted to try and right a decent parole herring. But it just didn't work without having Karen and Lily there. Moira would have no doubt added a sense of poignacy to her scenes and would have given me chills when she talked about Kieth. I just didn't feel that with Lucas. Mark simply didn't supply the material well enough and making Dan's parole herring the "B" storyline and making the Naley angst the "A" storyline was a big mistake. Especially since Dan's storyline was featured in the preivews.

I am so done with both Nathan and Haley they are the worst parents in Tree Hill, I am starting to believe that Nanny Carrie would be the better provider for that child then either of them. Nathan and Haley are both coming across as selfish and unlikeable in this story. Hayley for her shrewedness, Nathan for his idiocy and thier combined annoyance has reached dramatic propotions to where I don't even feel angry at Carrie anymore. Hell I am almost rooting for her to take that poor little boy away from such unfit neanderthals he has as parents. Seriously HOW do they not have a pool gate? How could they be so self centered that they wouldn't child proof the pool? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Go ahead and get a divorce. I don't care about either character now. Hayley has been grating on me all season long and I have never been a fan of Nathan but he is just an idiot and Hayley is just tis shrewed bitchy person that she isn't supposed to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OMG that apologies song is playing, and I thought it was bad on amc. :rolleyes: Boo the writers for having dan show up at the end, I just know they are gonna blame him for jamie's kidnapping but hopefully haley knows better since she knows how twisted that chick is. I really hope dan is back full time to breath some life into this show his presence is sorely missed.

• Members

I don't think they will blame Dan since when Jamie came in he said that grandpa Dan saved him. I think with Karen back in town, the [!@#$%^&*] will hit the fan between those two.

I'm so glad Lindsey called the wedding off. I hate that it took it being her wedding day and seeing Peyton's car to really, truly realize Lucas was and always will be in love with Peyton but it needed to be done. Lucas didn't say "I do" because he was so in love with Lindsey, but because his pride wouldn't let him give Peyton another chance because he was so hurt when she told him she wasn't ready to get married.

Lily and Jamie were so cute when she was telling him that he had to call her Aunt Lily.

• Members

I enjoyed the last two episodes of One Tree Hill. I hate that Nathan and Hayley are seemingly reuniting so soon. This show needs to have some conflict in it and the sooner Mark sees that Nayley needs to be sperated the better. Jaime still looks too much like Lucas to believably be Nathan's son. Dan needs to except the fact that his children don't want him in their lives and also respect that they might not want him in Jaime's either.

I am glad Lindsey is gone. She served her purpose and can now leave. I just hope that they don't jump fully into Leyton. They need to let Lucas live alittle bit outside of a relationship for a little while.

I am glad that Brooke is setting up her own storyline. We need for Brooke to be a center character outside of Peyton. I hope she will slap down Victoria. I wish Sophia would show some of the fire she had in the previous seasons. She had a great amount of work in which she could really show her range but she keeps going for this toned down subtle performence instead of really ripping the character in two like she used to do back in seasons 1, 3 and 4.

Nathan is boring.

The ratings for "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" were the worst ratings for the show all season. The showed barely scrounged up 2.5 million viewers bringing the seasonal average down to 3.0 million which is a mild hundred thousand gain from last seasons 2.9 total.

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side March 11, 2008 2.5 million

Archived