One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

i liked this season, but i also dont judge any show this season to harsh because of the writers strike. also i doubt they knew if it was coming back. there were no great stories no but i do think this is the ebsts eason overall for char's.

it was like this ntire seasonw as a setup for soemthing but with no payoff so i can understand the hate.

but damn. im so over fukin lucas scott. i dont care who you are with just pick someone!!

i also did like that there wasnt too much brooke because she is so overhyped, IMHO.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've never cared for Lucas, I think it has something to do with the fact that I really dislike Chad. He was the reason I didn't start watching this show until season 3 or something. I downloaded all the seasons and tried my best to ignore him.

Btw. We could've done without Lindsey this season. Poor actress, and just not a likable character.

• Members

When did Naley breka up? could we even call it that. Seriously they had one fight and then next episode they were in bed together having sex. I would not call that a break up I would have been ecstatic if they broke up because they are far better more interesting characters when they are seperated from one another. But we didnt even see them seperated for a extended period. At worst they broke up for what maybe an episode or two?

As to Brooke being an overhyped character I must disagree. The most over hyped female character on this show is Peyton Sawyer just watch any of the previous seasons and there she is front and center the entire time. I think the only season where she is played down is season 2 every. single. other. season she is arguablly the second biggest character on the show. She also gets the best storylines. She gets better material then the entire cast and that is shown by Marky Marks obsession with her. Look at the way Mark writes Peyton to how he writes Brooke and Hayley and you will see a MAJOR difference. I know alot of posters here talk about "propping" well it is in full swing with Peyton.

I actually think Chad is an exceptional actor, besides Paul he is by far the most talented actor on the series. He carried the show during the first and second seasons and he often brings the most to the table during scenes when talking about the five principal actors: Chad, Sophia, Hilare, Bethany and James.

I didnt mind Lindsey until Marky Mark bended over backward to make Lindsey sympathetic. I was liking her just fine until they pulled out the "my dad died of cancer" plot line to make Peyton look like the evil woman. Prior to that she was fine.

• Members
Yes, it was short. But it was a break up. That last scene when Jamie almost drowned was quite dramatic. This story wasn't just about the actual break up. It all started before that when nanny Carrie tried to get Nathan's attention. Then Haley had trust issues when they did get back together, which continued on for more then one or two episodes.

Then there was all the messed up stuff with Nathan when the season started. He and the marriage was in pretty bad shape.

Yes he's talented, never said he wasn't. I just don't like him.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I lost interest in the show after the first two eps of Season 5. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I feel bored while watching it. Okay, then maybe I don't like it anymore. But still, I might tune in someday again.

• 2 months later...
  • Webmaster

You are not the only one. She will always be Jo from Melrose Place to me. I do like her bitchy though :)

Psycho Nanny is scary as hell. They are really upping the anti of the drama. I just hate Lucas' choice as I hate that bitch. Brooke needs a real man, and that man just ain't it. Brooke/Lucas are to primetime what Carly/Jason are to me for daytime. Couples I want, but actor interference ruins. Ugh!

• Members

I'm willing to bet the farm that Brooke's mother is behind her getting beat up and it's really fucked up...but it makes for good drama. I guess I'm the only one that likes Lucas and Peyton together. I guess it's because ONLY like them together.

Carrie is a grade-A nutjob. I mean she's fit to be put in a white jacket and locked in a padded room. But I do kinda like her giving Dan's ass hell.

Archived