One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

New episode comes on tonight. The mini season finale was done rather well. We got a big pay off with the Lindsey/Lucas wedding. I just hope that they don't do a straight Bee line for Leyton as this is probably the best storyline they have ever had. Leyton just can't do happy for me and stay interesting. The only pairings that are interesting when they have no movement are the Brooke ships because Sophia seems to really invest in her romantic storylines like no other actress on the show. Interested in Brooke's storyline and interested for Dan as well as Lucas' respective stories.

Hundred had 2.92 million viewers a 420,000 increase from the week previous while the seasonal average dips a bit to 2.990.000 viewers which is a mild 10,000 viewer up from last season. Basically

S5- 2.99

S4-2.98

Very minimum shift ratings wise for these two seasons. Here's how all the ratings are stacked up for each season:

S1-3.5

S2-4.3

S3-2.8

S4-2.9

S5-2.9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I really don't feel sorry for Dan. He did this to himself, so he got what he deserves. The one I do feel bad for is Jamie because he doesn't understand why everybody hates his grandpa. And that's also something Dan is responsible for. Because of what he did Jamie will probably never know him.

I do love Paul Johansson though. He's perfect as Dan.

I'm so annoyed Deb is back. What's she even doing there?! And ohh, her and Skills??? That's just... sick24.gif

• Members

I really hated Lucas' drunk little rant at Peyton. You could see the heartbreak all over her face, especially since the singer (can't remember her name) told her that the way to get the truth out of someone was to get them drunk. I know Lucas was hurt because Lindsay told him that she was dating someone else, but to put it all on Peyton's shoulders that she's the reason his life was "ruined" was totally out of line considering that whether or not Peyton had come back to town, he would have still been in love with her. Hopefully next week he realizes how much of an ass he was to her and apolgizes until the cows come home.

I ONLY feel bad for Dan in regard to Jamie because not being able to see him hurts Jamie because he loves his grandfather and wants to get to know him. No matter how much Haley and Nathan tell Jamie that Dan did something bad, he still wants to be around Dan. Oh and can we trade Deb for Karen, ASAP!

I love how much Brooke loves Angie and I know it'll break her heart to have to give her back to her parents but this has really shown how much Brooke has matured, maybe moreso than anyone else.

• Members

I am unable to feel sorry for Dan because I never really felt that he truly "repented" to me it was the way Paul played Dan after he killed Keith. We never really saw Dan as horrified by what he did it always just seemed that Dan was annoyed by Keith's taunting him instead of really being greif striken or any of the like. We just saw that he was annoyed and bothered, almost like a pestering but not really true cold hard remorse. I feel this way even now. I don't really think that he has changed either, especially by the way that he attacked Carrie in the motel room he is just as vicious as he was before perhaps even more so. He hasn't reformed. Dan has alot to make up for in my opinon, not only for the murder but for his actions against both Lucas, Rose and Karen and he doesn't even really care about them. He just cares about Nathan and Jaime. He is still the same selfish loathesome sob he always has been.

In regards to Lucas, I think Peyton deserved it.

• Members

I do think Dan did the right thing when he threatened Carrie. Bugs like her needs to be crushed. She kidnapped Jamie, his grandson, whom he do loves. So that was fair game. imo. Other then that I pretty much agree with you Skin.

• Members

I don't know why but I have a rather soft spot for Carrie. She just seemed so love starved and while her actions were wrong I found her to be damaged and likeable just like Derek from the past season. I think there was more to her then what was shown and I also think she truly loved Jaime in her own way and there were times where she was arguablly the better parent then both of them the time Jaime almost drowned under there watch comes to mind along with Nathan and Hayley's actions during there less then perfect state of marriage in between there depression. I really think Carrie underscrowled how horriable both Nathan and Hayley were as parents.

But my point about Dan is that he is still this agressive bully who feels the need to attack weak people and say what you will about her but Carrie was very weak and she was disturbed and Dan used his "power" whatever form it came in this time brute strength to attack her. He's done this several times with Nathan, Lucas, Keith, ect.

• Members

Ohh I found nothing lovable about Derek, same goes for Carrie. Crazy psycho. To me Carrie was obsessed with having a family with Jamie and Nathan. If she couldn't have Nathan then she would settle for Jamie. She was a disturbed human being and like I said, this time I think it was fair game for Dan to put her down. Btw. It's very easy to be "great" with other people's children. Of course Nathan and Haley aren't the perfect parents, no one said they were. Their history shows that as well. But Jamie is their child and if someone takes him away without permission then well... I'm all for Dan to save the day.

I agree about that last part though.

• Members

Woow, awesome season finale!

Haha, Jamie is just too cute. "I don't wanna be... " :D

It was really sad when Brooke had to take the baby to the airport sooner then she thought. :( I'm glad she had someone to lean on.

Oh oh!! Does this mean Mouth is leaving Tree Hill?!!! One can only hope. The way he quit his job was pretty great though. Reminds me of when I quit my first job (although it was just my boss that sucked, not the whole team). Such a lovely feeling, smiled all the way home that day. lol

Dan is such an ass, but Paul Johansson rocked as usual. What an ironic ending for Dan. lol

The imagination must be on a low level. They already did this ending. It's a great ending though... if they hadn't already done it.

• Members

I think it's written into the contract that each season has to have atleast one car crash. Every. Single. Season. Has. One.

Season 1- Lucas/Kieth

Season 2- Nathan

Season 3- Racheal

Season 4- Hayley

Season 5- Dan

This was an especially weak season finale and an exceptionally weak season. There was nothing half way exciting about it. Usually One Tree Hill gets alittle faster paced and alittle more exciting towards the end of the season but thisentire season moved at a glacial pace with absolutely no highlights. Season one was exceptional due to the Jake storyline, Kieth/Lucas moving, Naley's marriage, the triangle, ect. Season two had the greatness of Brucas, Naley's angst, Dan/Lucas conflict, Dan on fire, Dan/Deb showdown, Kieth's wedding, Peyton/Ellie, ect. Season 3 had the shooting, triangle revisted, Ellie/Peyton, Naley wedding, ect. and Season Four had psycho Derek, prom, graduation, sex tape scandal, car crash, ect.

What did season 5 have? we had alittle action during Hundred which featured Dan coming out of prison, Jaime's abduction and Lucas' wedding but not much else. Pretty boring season. The only thing I can really say about it is that Chad, Hilare and Sophia have all really grown as actors and actresses. James and Bethany more times then not fell flat on their faces. I never thought that James could act however he did show some initial promise in the beginning with his depression story however shortly after he proved that he couldn't emote an emotion if it slapped him in his face. James always, always brings Bethany down but I am surprised that Bethany didn't even TRY at times. It kind of just shows that Naley is death to one another.

Overall pretty underwhelming season. Not impressed with the cliff hanger and I could careless about some of the main title characters which is a REALLY bad thing. I am stunned by Marky Mark's determination of blacklisting Brooke. Poor girl didn't have much of a story all season.

• Members

I disagree with you. I think this season was pretty great right from the beginning when we got to see what happened to everyone during these years out of town. The little actor playing Jamie was a great addition to the cast. Then we had the break up of Naley and all the stuff with crazy nanny Carrie.

Dan was released from prison etc, and now he's dying... in more then one way.

The character of Brooke grew up. First when she fired her mother, and then when she took care of that baby.

I'm om my way out and I don't have the energy to write down everything that happened. Those who watched all the episodes knows what happened anyway. Of course this season got dragged out by the strike, and it hurt the show a little bit.

High school shows usually have weaker season's when they leave high school, many shows don't even survive. But I don't think that was the case with OTH, it wasn't a weak season. imo They did great during this awful time when the strike killed a lot of shows.

I agree on one thing. No, James can't act.

Archived