One Tree Hill: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

no, i think it was thisw season she joked about it, to hurt peyton for the lucas thing. i think it may have been one of the first eppys of the season. and i think she actually jokled about both of her moms dying, anf pointed out how her dad always leaves as soon as he gets back to her as well.

• Members

the first season will forever be the greatest.

And Peyton so doesn't get to play the card she's playing. Peyton and Nathan were broken up. Brooke and Lucas the two times she went after him were most definitely not. Peyton's a whore, if only psychoDerek would kill her.

• Members

shockingly, we agree on something.

This has been without a doubt, one of the worst seasons. The brooding-damaged Peyton has been overplayed, the Dan/Keith fallout has been under-played. Have they just forgotten about the mystery person who knows Dan killed Keith? Brooke's character is being thrown under the bus for Mark Schwanns creepy-love of Hilarie Burton. Nathan and Hayley have become very boring this season.

They had so many oportunities left over from the season finale, and they've botched or squandered almost all of them. Brooke being pregnant with Lucas' child while him and Peyton were getting together would have made a far more interesting story, and it already was - untill they flipped it and Hayley became pregnant and Brooke let Peyton "have" Lucas. Nathan being messed up because of the near-death experience would have been a far better character story for him and Hayley than that stupid bookie crap. The only thing that's held up and been explored from the end of last season is how mind-fucked Rachel is - and it's been to me, the only thing worth watching this whole year. And now it appears she's leaving!

Meanwhile Lucas is so spinless and indecisive, Hayley is a doormat, Deb has just been totaly character assasinated to prop Dan and Karen, and Mouth and Skills are just - there.

Season 4 is seriously ranking worse than season 2!

• Members

see, i couldnt disagree more. this season was the season that damaged peyton was just broken and hurt more than possably ever - and then she got lucas. bust having the man she loves isnt making her life great, and i love that. i think they are just building upto the dan killed kieth reveal by setting dan/karen up and giving lucas/dan a father/son relationship. Brookes char isnt doing anything she wouldnt normally do. and nathan/hayley have always been borring.

broke being pregnet woulda worked for a bit - til the kid came along. i dont wanna watch brooke the mom. and i dont wanna see peyton playing mom to another skanks kid again. hayley being pregnet worked for nathan/hayley. and it was time for the brooke/luc/peyton triangle to end for a bit. brooke saw that lucas loved peyton more than he could ever love her. and brooke isnt the kind of girl to be okay with number 2, so she moved on. Rachel by far is the best thing of the season tho. and it looks like shes leaving but i hope thats not true!

and is it just me? when has lucas ever had a spine? aside from a few eppys here and there he has always come off as a pansy to me. Hayley, i wouldnt say shes a doormat, more of niave and she always has been. but i loved it when she took it all out on Rachel. I think what Deb is going through makes since for her and i love watching BAW play it all out. but ive always wanted Dan/Karen together. and skills n mouth are just ther - that i agree with. but i think it would be great if skills n hayley hooked up one night!! lol

• Members

Lucas only hooked up with Peyton again because Brooke dumped him. He was still trying to go after her, but just gave up. And he's always been like this. If you flash a pair of tits in Lucas's path - you will become at some point, his soul mate. He's spent more time in love with Brooke than he ever has with Peyton.

Brooke trying to go after random guys is boring and has been out of character for her since the first season.

Deb was always a strong woman for the first three seasons, then season 4 comes, Dan yells at her one time and she's popping pills and buying guns, etc. This is the same woman who told Dan to leave her home or she'd stab him in her sleep! Who tried to kill him! Who faught him for most of the 3rd season. She's being ruined!

• Members

idk.. i just see deb as someone who cant take it anymore and has been so beatin down and broken she lost herself. i dont se it as out of char, more as a char changing with time and whats happend.

and most of the time lucas was with brooke, he was wanting peyton. i personally love peyton with... jake, pete, anyone but lucas. even tho i do really like her and lucas, i dont want to. she deserves much better, as does brooke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The leading up to prom night was full of surprises lol That's one thing about OTH, it's episodes are jammed-packed. I'm was a bit worried though, with Peyton captured by faux-Derek, and Hilarie going to star in 'The List,' I was thinking 'could this be the end of Peyton?'...but I had a sigh of relief when I remembered 'The List' is a movie, not another TV show :-P

Can't wait for the next episode!

Archived