Y&R January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

1-13

Can I just say that I've been loving CK's lion mane of hair lately? It's been so beautiful to watch even as her life appears to be falling apart. 

I have mixed feelings about that. It has been clear as day that these writers want Billy/Chelsea. Especially after NOT seeing those therapy sessions. And Idgaf about Billy's tears. He could have not tried to be Chelsea's hero over Lily's protests. Just no. On the other hand, they had actually gotten some traction over the last few months with a Lily/Billy/Chelesa triangle. Now that it FINALLY got interesting...just a full stop. smh. 

And then Lily vs Devon. Who would have thought? I love seeing that even more than Nate vs Devon. We have watched both of them grow up on screen and you rarely see them at odds like this.  And then Neil's memory over all of that. It feels like it can write itself. And both BJ and CK really went for it for me. Also...always nice to see Jill.

Speaking of Nate, I can't believe Audra told Nate she was the double agent.

And I loved (and actually rewind) the Ashley/Tucker scenes when she was heading out of town again. ED is just so awesome to watch. And this was more of the same. I also loved how TSJ actually showed signs of being seriously affected by Ashley's words as she walked out the door. It was such a well-done scene to me. 

I don't like Noah's new haircut.

I am already over the WTD storyline, but thank you Cameraman.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not only are the stories suspect in the first place but the execution adds nothing.

GC's lone policeman turns up by himself to execute a search of a tiny hotel room that we see repeatedly used by various characters.

To me the dreary stories coupled with cheapjack production is hard to watch.

• Members

Low energy stories, writing, directing. Actors who only show up for a paycheck, which I don't hold against them.

At the very least, even with bad non-sensical stories, the actors on GH or Days or hell, even B&B look like they're kind of having fun. Everyone on Y&R looks miserable.

• Members

1-20

So...it happened. Diane finally got Jack in bed. Well, I hope Diane isn't a double agent after all. Cuz...ewww.

Yeeeeah, I could do without Chance feeling like he needs to leave the force. Regardless of the different writing regimes, being a good guy has always been Chance's throughline so where does he go from here?

I admit that I didn't mind Nick quickly figuring out that Sally is preggers. I just dislike the WTD story-ness of it all.

• Members

And they got a bedroom set! So it can be done.

We never see Christian.

Adam already has two kids, one of which he washed his hands of.

So at this point Sally needs to lose the baby. giving everyone multiple children really limits story.

Nick has 4

Sharon has 2

Adam has 2

Billy has 2

Victoria has 3

Lily has 2

Billy has 2

Chelsea has 2

Chloe has 2

• Members

Oh, I don't want him to have any more kids. I just think if they were going to have a triangle...it was nicely paced without a WTD storyline attached. The more I watch it, the more I want to rme. 

I admit I was surprised by that. And good camera angles. 

• Members

One of the weirdest things about soap operas is that sometimes it seems as if nobody has a phone.  Fen has always been important to Lauren, yet they appear to have never talked since he left town a few years ago.  I get the dramatic purpose, but what man in his 30s comes out to his mother, in front of his grandmother, in the lobby of a hotel?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Morrow reads young and immature despite his age so they keep playing him that way, in large part because they are afraid to move on from a lot of the vets and invest in the new generation. I'll be amazed if we ever see Fen on contract again now that he is LGBT, for example.

Edited by Vee