Y&R January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ehh was a bit disappointed and underwhelmed by TEB’s anniversary episode today other than a couple Sheila clips I don’t even think this episode even highlighted her best clips. Plus having Gloria, Kevin, and Chloe there smirking and mugging, ugh. Should have been just been family dinner with just Michael, Scott, Fen, and Trey at an empty Society or some makeshift home dining room geez. 

That said Fen and Trey were cute, and Fen should have been gay back in 2012 from the get go. Making him instagay is so lazy but typical of Griffith’s dreck.

Enjoyed the Mary Williams clip the most. Weird Brad wasn’t acknowledged at all. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Lauren telling the story of her life today, talking a lot about her past with Paul. And she explained to Trey ...  "Paul is our chief of police now -- but back then he was a private detective."   She outright said that.

wtf? 

Is Y&R still maintaining that pretense?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

At least this episode gave us a break from the current stories.

I wonder what the state of play is with the show and Doug? I don't think he would want to back as recurring again and hardly be used. Hopefully he might turn up during the 50th, but I think too many bridges may have been burned on both sides.

Of course we had to have at least 2 of the women in one shoulder dressesto continue the tradition .

Was that Crystal in the background at the Goopy Possum? Wasn't sure as the hairstyle was different.

• Members

It still blows my mind that TB debuted 40 years ago. It's a pity that Lauren isn't the mover and shaker that she should be.

No Brad was the only real omission. Paul got more play than I expected with the Mary scene a nice bonus. The Sheila scenes were spot-on. Better Jill/Phyllis scenes exist, but they made the point. SSH was perfect as Joanna. Of course, the funniest part of no Neil F or Brad scenes - they went on to father and son on B&B.