Y&R January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd love to see some clips of Lauren's rivalry with Gina, when Gina was going to marry Neil Fenmore. I was just thinking about Gina with Danny's visit. Wouldn't Patty Weaver have been willing to do an appearance for Christmas alongside Danny? There was a fairly recent photo of her hanging out with cast members, I think. Or will Danny mention "the late, great, Gina Roma" out of the blue. We did learn on Friday that Paul is still alive and on a ski trip with Cricket, lol.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Bill Bell put Paul and Christine in each other's orbit in 1993 during the housing discrimination storyline. I think that pairing was set up because Michael Damian was on his way out.

From what I've seen/read of Paul and Nikki's initial storyline, it was more troublemakers having a good time and I didn't think there was any genuine love there. 

I agree that Danny and Christine were genuine love.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Danny and Christine were a very romantic young couple but I also liked Paul and Christine as a couple in a mature relationship who had similar justice-oriented career goals and dealt with problems like a meddling mother-in-law and fertility issues. Danny and Cricket was more of a fairy tale where everything was perfect and it would have been perfect had Phyllis not come along. 

I liked the episode they did after she found out Danny never even slept with Phyllis at all. Their relationship never would have been broken up and they probably would've still been together (IIRC, Christine didn't want to go to NY when Danny was on Broadway because she hadn't passed the bar exam there, and not due to problems between them). There was a whole episode (might have been Labor Day) with clips of both couples and it looked like she was leaning Danny, but then she went to Paul and said no matter what was in the past, he was her husband and she loved him and they had a life now. I saw both couples as equally viable.

Not even going to get into how they later ruined it with Isabella, the rape, and Christine getting engaged to Michael which is just something I cannot ever see her doing. Ugh.