Y&R January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The elegant and timeless Jabot lobby is the best looking set on the show these days.

What the heck is that hideously crappy Glam Club supposed to be anymore? Did I hear right about Daniel and Abby dropping for lunch? Jeez so much for “upscale night club”. 

Sally’s storyline is in insulting. She really should be tantalizing Kyle or wooing Chance just to get the Chancellor name. Instead she’s saddled with an umpteenth Who’s the daddy involving Nick and Adam. Very offensive.

I smiled at the Gina reference as well. She came back for Katherine’s funeral but before that hadn’t been on since 2009 when Jerry passed.

• Members

Kay has been gone for years and they still don't know what to do with the Chancellor set. Jill should be living there with her much younger husband, who would be see seduced by her paid companion. Now she would be all alone there, after his death and all. 

Abby and Chance's was so dramatic. Not. The show is losing Mishael Morgan and Imani and they are keeping Abby, Chelsea and Sally. Griffith must be replaced yesterday.

• Members

It's as if TPTB decided that now the Glam Club is the new restaurant set because they don't want to pull out the Society set or can't have too many people in there. This show must be in the bathroom if every other soap looks better in terms of exterior, but the number one daytime show looks terrible. I've seen better sets during my middle and high school performing arts days.

I don't mind Adam and Sally, but Nick didn't have to be involved in this storyline AT ALL! Or at least acknowledge that Nick is old enough to be Sally's father.

I'm hoping this is another stopgap before they put Nick and Sharon back together. And don't get me started on Sharon potentially being paired with her third cop. Where's the story in that?

It became quite noticeable in 2020 when they returned during the height of the pandemic and those sets became few and number of characters in them became sparse. 

• Members

I always assume B&B has a lot more money because of presumably deeper pockets from so much overseas distribution. I was under the impression B&B has a bigger foothold internationally at this point than any other remaining soap, which makes it bulletproof for years to come regardless of quality. I may be very wrong though.