Y&R January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Not sure who the director was but noticed some interesting choices.

Firstly in Tuckers'suite' there were some angles not usually shown, which made it appear a little larger.

Still think there should be a wall (with a cutout) leading into the bedroom area. That would immediately make that hotel room look more substantial.

On that subject, do they even bother to redress that room in any way to pretend it is a different suite?

Secondly, at both CL when Tucker encountered Victoria and at Society where Daniel and Phyll were chatting the cameras were kept in tighter shots so we didn't see the places were empty. Looked way better.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's funny but when Nick asked Sally if she wasn't really sick but having morning sickness, he actually came off more like a concerned dad than her lover.

That or just pretend it never happened like with Adam.

I don't see why they couldn't have done a scene in the weeks preceding the episode where Michael and Lauren had brunch at Society and filled in Gloria and Kevin about Fen's coming out and then pretending that he texted them pictures etc. 

• Members

The fact that there is no commentary on Nick (or Jack back when he and Sally were a thing) dating a woman nearly half his age speaks to just how toothless this show has become.

The Young and The Ageless. Because Y&R only has children and adults who could be anywhere between 25 and 45. Hard stop at 45. And that's being generous because Noah's 30 but his parents? 40.

• Members

The Jack thing was ridiculous. I don’t know if not mentioning the age gap was more an appeal to PB’s vanity or if they are simply completely out of touch with reality. Not even Phyllis brought it up (if memory serves me), and she totally would have if she were written truthfully and in character.

• Members

Back when characters had a point of view and personalities. Now they just commiserate, emphasis on the misery, about their employment status.

He's just suddenly gay. And I don't even think it was to generate buzz, they're just unimaginative. They're never going to use him so it's basically pointless.

• Members

I think he's great, I will never say a bad word about him because he's one of the few who commit to the work even when it's terrible. Watching people like Michelle Stafford sabotage the material with her hammy nonsense or Joshua Morrow sleepwalk through every scene makes me respect him all the more.

• Members

That's because both shows are a mess now. I know Bill is rolling in his grave because one thing he made a constant was that B&B/Y&R would maintain continuity when it came to anything consisting of Sheila. However, that all went out the window when they did that crappy Pheila story and followed up with Ryder and Daisy. You'd think with Brad bringing her back on B&B that he'd do some cleaning up involving her story and recapture the magic his father created by doing a crossover story with Sheila on both shows. It makes no sense that Lauren would not know about Sheila walking free once again. 

Not surprised. I hate when soaps just make characters insta-queer for shock value or a throwaway line. It is inconsiderate to those of us fans who are LGBTQ. 

• Members

If had been a social climbing story, I would bought it, but it was treated like any other light romance between peers. It had shades of Victor/Sabrina (without committing to the story as much as JG did back then). These writers have made a lot of poor choices to accommodate Sally, and she could have been a good bitch/vixen if they’d allow it. But they don’t write that kind of stuff these days.