Y&R January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

1-25

I saw Lauren's episode.

I liked it, but it really screamed missed opportunity to me. Always happy to see Jill, but does anyone care that Jill and her are still sisters? Fen coming out and it all happened off screen? And so much focus on Paul...but where was he? And no Brad? And the worst fear realized for some here...they all just sitting around talking.

Please register in order to view this content

I did love the flashbacks. OOOOH MARY HOW I'VE MISSED YOU!!! That whole scene...lol. No one really does shade like how Paul's mother did it. I don't have enough scenes of Joanna who it was nice seeing her. It was great to see the Traci/Lauren rivalry touched on. And we know I LOVED seeing any of the Sheila/Lauren lab catfight...still hoping she shows up now that she's attached to Bill Spencer. Could you imagine Lauren's reaction? And I don't know about everyone else, but during the midway point commercial breaks, they did a montage of Lauren's appearances in the various openings. I didn't know Lauren was around for the...paint stroke(?) Y&R opening. More proof of her legacy. 

Liked it, but again missed opportunity. 

Nice to know I am not the only one who likes Sharon. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I thought they would just omit the Jill retcon like they omitted Dylan from Nikki's special. I guess they didn't do that because she's still on the show (same reason for Paul vs Brad since they pretend Paul is still on the show). Two scenes was too much for Jill, but the first one was a painful explanatory scene so guess they wanted to put in the more memorable one from when Lauren and Michael walked in on her and Colin (in fact, the ONLY memorable Jill/Lauren scene).

When Gloria said she probably wouldn't have gotten along with Mary... I'm like right bitch you could never hold a candle to her. 

As stupid as it is that Lauren doesn't know about Sheila, it would be great if she and Michael got invited to some fashion gala in LA (of course they would have to do it on B&B to have any chance of it actually occuring onscreen) and Sheila and Bill were there.

When Phyllis popped up I was afraid they would get into Pheila and Sarah Smythe (shudder) but the scene they picked was actually very sweet. Those clips where Lauren was pregnant are the prettiest she looked in all her years on the show IMO.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I admit...I laughed at the second Jill scene for sure. I was thinking Wartman though. I had totally forgotten how long Jill was on/off with Colin. 

HAHAHA!!! IKR!!! Gloria would be NO MATCH for Mary. NONE. 

Ooooo...I would love for that to happen. Sadly, I agree. But just imagining them all at a fashion gala. Le sigh...

She really was.

• Members

@BoldRestless@Taoboi Mary Williams was a great character. Unlike the sanctimonious hypocrites, Mary was able to dish out her *insights* because she lived a pretty clean life and was shockingly direct as we saw in the scene with Lauren.

Mary was great comic relief, but also provided Y&R with a voice for common sense. She also was a fantastic on-screen partner to Paul's women - Lauren, Christine, Cassandra, Isabella.

Mary would've diced and sliced GloWorm in fine fashion.

• Members

Sally and Nick's episode long phone call had Sally in LA and must have been taped in a CBS office/reception space.

On the one hand, I thought it was clever and nice to see a different 'set' but at the same tine it gave me late GL vibes where they'll start taping in producer's offices dressed up as beauty salons etc.

How about for a 50th birthday present the purse strings are loosened?