GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Members

Plus he was only there a few mins and then left. Maybe if he wasnt vaxxed, he was on a time limit. Who knows. Maybe he recently started the Covid vax. If that happened Im sure he will be off GH for a time as Im sure ABC Disney wants people fully vaxxed

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@j swift Your posts indicated an assumption that SB appeared on The Talk there to represent GH.  No.  He was there because he won a fan poll.  All the actors who appeared may have needed permission from their shows to appear (so in that sense they "represent" their shows) .... but their shows didn't send them.
(See my previous two posts on this thread for details.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Well if Burton was on some kind of "time limit" on The Talk for not being vaxxed, then he didn't seem to abide by it seeing as he was backstage, mask-less, talking selfies with the other actors and no one seemed to mind.

Please register in order to view this content

I think we just really know nothing about Burton's vaccination status or his status with GH.

• Members

BTW - there's an interesting backstory to SoapHub, which is why I refer to the website's awards as slightly less than laudatory.  The site was started by Ramon Van Meer, who has admitted in two interviews that he never watched a full episode of any soap.

Per an interview with My First Million: He outsourced the writing of the blog to freelancers because he did not know how to write and somehow he built the most popular blog about a subject he knew nothing about, Soap Operas. To make matters worse, Ramon never watched soap operas because he thought they were boring.

Then, he sold the site around 2016 for 8.75 million dollars (to be fair he sold all of his content which involved a couple of other blogging sites).  Also, I would question if it was ever the most popular, but I don't have access to that data.  He went on to make another 20 million selling dog ramps (as a loyal SON reader, I hope this doesn't give @Errolany ideas).

The site is currently managed by Diane Bourstein who has a background in website design for local CBS stations, including the one here in Los Angeles, hence the positioning of the awards on The Talk.  It also employs numerous other soap magazine alumni including: Michael Maloney and Janet DiLauro

While I do not believe that GH literally sent their actors (as in called an uber for Laura Wright, Cynthia Watros, and SB) there is no doubt that these bookings are done through publicity departments for the purpose of promoting the show during November sweeps.  As @janea4oldmentioned, other usually publicity-friendly actors did not appear, even though they won awards  So, using context clues, it is reasonable to assume that ABC would not send a recently fired unvaccinated actor to promote their show if they had two other actors willing to appear.  Just as it is reasonable to assume the The Talk doesn't book actors directly because they happen to be available for self-promotion.  I would thus propose that time has told and the rumor has been debunked (despite @Nixor's totally understandable wish for the demise of Jason).

Edited by j swift

• Webmaster

No one appears on any talk show without their publicity team booking it first, regardless of whether the actor is currently employed by a show or not. This goes for films and other forms of entertainment as well. As long as it involves the show directly, which the SoapHub awards would require, the publicity team for the actor's respective series was involved in their appearing on said talk show. Remember, not everyone who won went. 

Case in point even when an actor is nominated for an Emmy award, their appearance at the awards show is handled by the publicity team for the show they are nominated for. As in when they are on the red carpet they are "handled" by someone from the show. They don't just show up of their own accord just because they are nominated. The same holds true for actors who are no longer on their respective show in which they are nominated for. They are still "handled" by said show's publicity team even if they've been off the show for months such as actors who are no longer on DAYS.

• Members

So, the day after the CDC published data on the increased risk of still births in women with Covid we are speculating that a pregnant woman is unvaccinated because she liked a social media post by her former co-worker?!?

Edited by j swift

• Members

We don't even know for sure that Steve isn't vaccinated. I don't give a flying f-ck about Burton, but people sure are quick to trash him over something that, frankly, is still a rumor (I know, I know, people have their "sources"). We literally know nothing. Maybe he was never vaccinated. Maybe he has been all along. Maybe he wasn't but now he is. We don't know! 

And I don't know anything about JMW, but who's to say that she cares about another person's vaccination status or is uncomfortable being around someone who isn't vaxxed? There are plenty of pregnant women who have zero interest in getting the vaccine and don't care if they interact with other people who are unvaccinated. I work with several, and we're healthcare workers! 

Or JMW could be vaccinated. So what if she liked some of Ingo's posts? She can be vaccinated but still agree with him about being anti-mandate. These types of people do exist. Again, I've never watched B&B in my life. I don't know anything about this woman or if she's made any kinds of comments regarding her vaccination status. 

People really have no problem trashing actors over something we know NOTHING about. Jason could get killed off on Monday for all I care, but I'm not going to go around talking about how Burton is some trash human until we actually know something for real. I don't care what someone's super reliable-but-secret sources said or what rumor someone read in their Twitter feed.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Am I the only poster on this board who doesn't have their own super reliable secret source? Where are y'all finding these people? 

Does anyone's anonymous source have an explanation as to why we have not gotten official confirmation regarding this reliable news? 

Not saying that Burton is vaxxed and staying. He could totally be out, and if so, bye. Just saying that this situation is strange. 

So is Burton still a trash human if he decided to get vaxxed at the last second due to the mandate?