GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Totally fair.  Not beefing with you either.  I'll be honest and say I don't know or follow SBu really at all and I don't doubt you are 100% correct about the things he has said and his personal beliefs.  His juice stuff alone makes me question his integrity.   I don't consider Jason a huge loss to the show because he's hit or miss for me.  I think I misspoke and was expecting more of a tirade from him and thought 'meh, whatever' on his statement. 

On another note, what would be a medical exemption on this?  Just curious.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Already being immunocomopromised by other ailments or chronically, some patients undergoing cancer or bone marrow treatments, etc.  There are a few actual issues that they have allowed medical exemptions.  I also know people being treated for cancer that their doctors recommended the vaccine.  So it also depends on what type of treatments you are on and your doctor’s risk assessment.

• Members

What a ridiculous excuse- it’s about personal freedom.  From the mask mandates to vaccination- everything has been about mitigating the illness for you, and even more about protecting those around you.  You know- showing concern and care for the community both small and large.  So your personal freedom is worth more than everyone else?  Bye Steve, I hope they don’t just welcome you back.

He for sure knew his last airdate, because he waited to comment until it happened.  Which may have been mandated by his contract.  I also love Nancy for reiterating these people choose their fate- GH didn’t just let them go.  They chose to leave by not vaccinating.

I wonder if anyone else is out too?

• Members

I know someone in real life who has an autoimmune condition.  She learned that her condition could (*maybe*) have the *potential* to trigger a large reaction to the vaccine (a flare-up of her condition).  Her primary physician says she should get vaccinated anyhow, but she won't.

My take on that: I'd be willing to risk having a big uncomfortable reaction to the vaccine that takes me days (or weeks) to recover from, but from which I will eventually recover and regain equilibrium. I'd prefer the annoyance of that to getting COVID and dying from it, or getting COVID and having longterm aftereffects such as "Long Covid".  And I'd especially get vaccinated so that I can protect anyone I interact with.

In fact, I myself have an autoimmune condition, and I got the shots and the booster, and my doctor told me to get an extra booster (fourth shot) in a few months.  The shots have not triggered any unusual reactions or flare-ups of my condition.

Yes. This.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I have an auto immune condition, Interstitial cystitis and I got the vaccine. Not because of my condition, but because it's something that needed done. 

THe personal freedom stuff pisses me off. Burton doesn't give a crap he works with elderly and others who could catch covid from him 

• Members

That’s the other thing all these personal freedom types that lean into how healthy they regularly are- we don’t know exactly what the long term effects of even a mild case are going to be down the line.  This could very easily cause respiratory issues later, and who knows what else.  Just because your case was mild doesn’t mean it won’t possibly have repercussions down the road.

It took about a decade for it to be widely known and acted upon that exposure during 9/11 had been causing multiple health issues to survivors, first responders, even to search and rescue dogs.

Personally I am just sick of this.  Just try to do the best for you but also for those in your community!  I’m not religious at all, but all these conservatives claiming Christianity really need to start believing the crap they hurl my way on many occasions.