GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@titan1978 & @dragonflies Do you think SB's "health exemption" is also what prevents him from using sunscreen? That aging skin and bad instagram lighting isn't going to get him any jobs in daytime (couldn't resist a bitchy bon mot).

Things I am still surprised by in this case (given my clear lack of inside sources):

1. CBS, ABC, and SB agreed to have him go on the Talk last week to promote GH - after he was "let go" last month (it really makes me want to re-look at those backstage photos)

2. His own instagram comments are split on supporting his "choice"

3. He maintains there will be a time "after mandates", as opposed to understanding how the world has changed.  He's not Joe Rogan, one doubts his podcast will supplant his TV income.

4. Clubs in New York are still going to allow him to perform his "act" now that he's confirmed that he's unvaccinated

Seriously, since I am so bad at predictions, what are the chances this guy ever gets another job on a soap within the next three years?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Unfortunately, I would say it's likely.   If not GH, I bet someone else will pick him up.

But the silver lining for me is that this could free up $$$ for Vanessa Marcil.  So thank you Ingo and Steve!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg

• Members

AT LAST!!!! CONFIRMED.

Well...

Please register in order to view this content

That said...all I can really say is...

As someone who has danced on the grave of a few actors, actoresses, and reality tv stars, I'm not at all going to take away from thoses who have wanting to do the same.

To think he would be so selfish, but if that is the hill he wants to die on...so be it.

• Members

Given the disastrous View appearance by anti-vaxxer Jedediah Bila, and local news aversion to misinformation on the topic, I wonder if he'll get any TV interviews out of this?  I also wonder about commercial support for his podcast given the same issues?  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook suppresses his content or places a misinformation tag on his statement.

• Members

So he tried medical AND religious exemptions, not just one or the other.  In other words, he's simply petrified to get a shot, and he tried anything he could think of to weasel out of it.  

Probably easier to just say, "I'm a weenie who cries when I get a shot."  

• Members

Catholics are the only ones that had concerns with the vaccine. I am a Catholic and had concerns too. Our local pastor was on TV a while back and said it was ok for Catholics to get the vaccine. It was to save your life and he also commented that he was vaccinated.

That said....I didn't know Burton was religious much less a Catholic.

• Members

The Pope said that the vaccine was fine and the right thing to do. (AP article from Sept 15)
https://apnews.com/article/health-religion-coronavirus-pandemic-pope-francis-raymond-burke-b2f2b16321f0275e7b57fbadbd5cfaec

quoting the AP article:

Significantly, Francis didn’t cite the religious objection used by some who refuse the vaccines. Some conservatives have refused to get the shots citing the remote and indirect connection to lines of cells derived from aborted fetuses.

The Vatican’s doctrine office has said it is “morally acceptable” for Catholics to receive COVID-19 vaccines based on research that used cells derived from aborted fetuses. Francis has said it would be “suicide” not to get the jab and both Francis and Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech shots.

Video statement with English subtitles

Transcript:

"In a brotherly spirit, I join in this message of hope for a brighter future. Thanks to God and to the work of many, we now have vaccines to protect us from COVID-19. They grant us the hope of ending the pandemic, but only if they are available to all and if we work together.

Being vaccinated with vaccines authorised by the competent authorities is an act of love. And contributing to ensure the majority of people are vaccinated is an act of love. Love for oneself, love for one’s family and friends, love for all people. Love is also social and political, there is social love and political love; it is universal, always overflowing with small gestures of personal charity capable of transforming and improving societies."

Transcript source:

https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/events/event.dir.html/content/vaticanevents/en/2021/8/18/videomessaggio-vaccinazione.html

Edited by janea4old