GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It still doesn't answer the riddle of why ABC PR would send Burton to appear on The Talk, (three days before Ingo's last airdate), to promote a show after he had been fired last month?

It is highly improbable that the "honor" of being awarded by Soaphub forced ABC's hand to implore Steve Burton to appear on CBS a month after they had fired him for noncompliance.  Especially because the Talk could have chosen to ask questions about the mandate or his co-worker's social media transphobic remarks, and if he was unemployed, he could have given responses that were unsympathetic to the production.

He was not the only cast member nominated, he was not allowed time to promote any other project, and there was no actual trophy to take home.

Edited by j swift

• Members

He very might or may have and you know what Like I said If he does, I bet he will be back 

He may have been the only actor from GH nominated in that category not filming scenes at GH today

Edited by John

• Members

So, just to clarify, you are saying that after firing Steve Burton, ABC PR signed off on him appearing on CBS one month later because no other actor was available at the time of taping The Talk?  And Burton, who was supposedly fired for refusal to comply with a corporate mandate, agreed to promote GH, on the lowest rated network talkshow because of the prestige of the Soaphub award?

Or, are you suggesting that The Talk allowed a recently fired unvaccinated actor on to set, (without the approval of his network promotional department), because there was nobody else available from both CBS soaps to pickup a completely made up award?  And rather than making news by asking about his firing by another network, or the transphobic remarks by his co-star, they just let him talk about the loss of Stuart Damon because they felt that was more entertaining?

To quote the wise and worldly @slick jones

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

I dunno but if he's not on Contract anymore  maybe he doesnt have to get clearance to appear on The Talk

Second, If #GH doesnt want to comment on this til Jason's story is done on-screen then they may actually want him to do The Talk

• Members

The short answer is we don't know anything about what's going on here at this point, but a lot of solid folks in the know who are not chasing clout have staked their reps on Steve being out. Do I think it's possible that in the last month or even last few days Steve could've bowed to pressure from the network to vax along with pleas from the show to keep him around, yes - I was surprised he refused to vax in the first place when money was on the line. Principles have certainly never stood in the way of him taking money before. But we also have no idea exactly what happened with The Talk or how that was put together, and atm GH still isn't talking at all and neither is Steve, both of which are extremely unusual. So it's all very suspicious. I am inclined to still believe he was fired from the various people I've heard it from, but we'll see what transpires. Also, I'm not sure what the post-COVID turnaround time is at GH for taping but it is not impossible to reshoot and slot stuff in on a very quick timeline when absolutely necessary - whether to write him in or out, if he did bend the knee at the last moment to save his paycheck.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Soaphub awards were based on fan polls.
Each of the four US daytime soaps had a category of "favorite actor" and "favorite actress" .
Basically whichever actors/actresses got the most votes.
There were also fan polls for "favorite show", "favorite feud", and "favorite newcomer".

Winners of the fan polls:
GH favorite actor and actress: Steve Burton and Laura Wright.
Days favorite actor and actress: Robert Scott Wilson and Victoria Konefal.
B&B favorite actor and actress: John McCook and Jacqueline MacInness Wood.
Y&R favorite actor and actress: Eric Braeden and Michelle Stafford.

Fan poll for "favorite feud". Carly/Nina won that.
Fan poll for "favorite newcomer".  Nicholas Chavez won.

And fan poll for "favorite show".  GH won. 

Laura Wright was there as favorite GH actress,
and LW was also there with Cynthia Watros for the favorite feud award.
And LW accepted the "favorite show" award on behalf of GH.

There were only two non-fan-vote awards. These were determined by soaphub staff.
1) James Reynolds received the "soaphub editor's award" based on his 40 years on Days (That is how it was described).  One of the hosts of The Talk also mentioned his time on Generations.
2) Soaphub gave a "Heritage award" to
"Bradley Bell and the cast, crew, and staff, of The Bold and The Beautiful"
(They said something it being because of it becoming 35 years old in March 2022.).  One of the hosts of The Talk mentioned B&B covering social issues such as opioid addiction.

Steve Burton won the fan poll for "favorite actor on GH".
So per The Talk's publicity, that's why SB appeared.
Sheryl Underwood asked him about Stuart Damon. Perhaps her question was planned in advance. Or maybe just before they taped, SB told SU he wanted to mention Damon?  I have no idea.

Of the award-winners, these appeared on The Talk:
SB, LW, Cynthia W., Chavez, Victoria K, McCook, JMW, and Michelle S.

Robert Scott Wilson, Eric Braeden, James Reynolds, and Bradley Bell did not appear.

Edited by janea4old