ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It would be something for AMC to lead to OLTL this time.

I think the best part of this is that ABC might finally see some value in something they have ignored and neglected for a long time.  Might even be good for GH in the long run.

It is fun to think of Erica on a set that primetime can afford- think of the closet and wardrobes!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I think it's terribly exciting. There's potential there and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Primetime soaps are notoriously difficult but a longtime fan giving it a shot and bringing a daytime soap opera to primetime is not something I'll automatically dismiss. Hopefully, we'll have a good show in our hands.

• Members

I loved AMC and will support and watch this proposed program with excitement and an open mind. That being said, I would not get too excited until the proposed revival actually makes it onto the air. A "heightened tone" and a "relationship to soaps"? What does that even mean? It makes me think of the highly-anticipated reimagining of Beverly Hills 90210 which aired last year. What fans hoped it would be, what fans were eager to watch, bore no resemblance to the awful "heightened" new version that we ended up getting. Fans ran away from it in droves. And why not get the great Lorraine Broderick on board as writer? She knows Pine Valley inside and out and various cast members have said she was one of the best scribes AMC ever had. Leo Richardson? From the failure Katie Keene? That does not sound promising. And a cast of "mostly" newbies may be tolerable, but if at least some beloved characters from the original show are not featured regularly (Susan Lucci being only one), fans will be disappointed if not furious. Let's hope for the best but still...brace ourselves.

• Members

I think the articles are crediting Leo for "Katy Keene" because it's his most recent or most well-known credit. He actually only wrote one episode of the series. 

Here's his IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3594650/

EDIT: I see he was a co-producer on "Katy Keene" also, my bad. I still have hope!

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

I really need to know for whom they are mostly making this. Are they more concerned with targeting old AMC fans (it’s been almost a decade since it left ABC...) or are they focusing on new viewers? That will be a big factor in whether or not we will be pleased.

I don’t think we have to worry about a BH90210-style thing too much. That was Tori Spelling and friends wanting to have their own little fun and play pretend. I guess Kelly and Mark could be wanting the same type of thing, but it doesn’t seem likely.

It feels weird to not be super excited but we’ve heard so many rumors over the years. Clearly, this has way more traction than anything we’ve heard in the past, but still. I need more.