ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I doubt they'll pick up any story threads from the past incarnations. They'll pretty much have to make this viable for people who've never watched AMC in the past or have any pre-knowledge of the show to get into; there might be slight nods to past storylines, but that'll be it.

ABC Signature is a production studio owned by ABC, not the actual network itself. I assume they're producing the pilot.

• Members

Leo and Andrew sound like total stans of the show which excites but slightly concerns me bc of the “heightened tone,” but w/Agnes’ son on board as well it sounds like it’ll be in great hands overall.  Hopefully they even consider giving some of the previous directors and producers a shot too but I’m actually excited about the primetime angle of it all as well. 

Regardless if it’s a mockery or not, I’m going to be eating it right up. Can’t help it.  LOL

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I feel better that Agnes son is involved....but given that talent doesn't always get inherited (i.e bradley bell )...I'm glad that the handwriter is someone with experience in soaps.

Thinking back, AMC always had a gothic vibe starting with the Cortlandt's and carrying over to the Marick's.  So a slightly darker tone would work..just so long as the whimsical humor is also employed to balance it out.

• Members

Best news I heard all year. I’m not tripping about that premise any real fan and/or talented writer can make that engaging. I’m excited and patiently waiting for the reveal of the cast. Amc was such a special brand of soap that had many different themes combined together, I can honestly see many more reboots coming in the years to come. I’m still waiting on a streaming service to do a Erica Kane rags to riches story, or modernize the young romances of Nina/Cliff, Angie/Jesse, etc. I personally would do a anthology that way I could change up the cast and theme each season. 

For the record, the first three seasons of Empire was must watch tv. Star had a very soapy season two and three imo.

Edited by cassistan