ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://ew.com/tv/kelly-ripa-celebrates-20-years-live-host/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=601d5096b091430001923661&fbclid=IwAR2K1OlQLKvQcQwDnKQ-Ke0lTWAkVp4p8Lj1XeEwDd3Y_5wYwWis73T6tuE

"We would be the parents, and this show is really more about the children of Pine Valley," Ripa explains of how the original cast would figure into the new series. "It's a darker look at things, and I'm very excited about it. It was pitched to us and we were like, 'We will absolutely produce this. And we want to be a part of it.' Immediately we called [former All My Children costar Eva LaRue], all of our friends, and we started saying, 'Just be at the ready. Get ready.' "

• Members

My friend/acquaintance Jeff Conway writes for Forbes and just completed doing an interview with La Lucci on Wednesday. A bunch of us asked him to ask  her about the Pine Valley reboot and if she's been asked to join. I'm certain he asked; we'll know her answer soon

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A classy line from the above, too.

I understand the nature of the beast and that the next generation has to drive it, but I'm not interested in a revival that is purely Riverdale-esque, or CW 90210 in nature where the vets are simply relegated to talk-to roles for teens and twentysomethings. That doomed 90210 in particular. So I really hope it's more complex than that. You don't bring Susan, Eva and presumably people like SMG on without giving them actual story.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Jamey Gideons tweeted that he heard she’d be too busy when someone suggested her as the next Vivian on Days. I think Lucci is a 100% given more than anybody for this to get picked up. 

I hope it’s a good balance as well. People like Susan Lucci, Eva Larue and Debbi Morgan should still be driving story. Because it’s on ABC I have more hope that when she says next generation she means characters in their 30s-40s for the primary cast. 

• Members

For me, LOL, there'd be no point without her. It makes no sense to reboot the show in primetime and NOT have Susan Lucci starring. She was the face of ABC Daytime for 40 years. She BETTER be involved. LOL

I understand they likely want to focus on younger ... but to not have Susan, Debbi and Eva starring as their characters would be a massive mistake. I wouldn't watch it. I'd give it a shot but I wouldn't be interested. And most wouldn't either, IMHO. If they want it to succeed they have to adopt the daytime drama for primetime. Otherwise it won't make it, mark my words.

You HAVE to get Susan. And why WOULDN'T she participate?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffconway/2021/02/05/susan-lucci-and-her-heart-of-gold/?sh=18e49e033afb&fbclid=IwAR3gtoXrB5mv0LPMM8bUd56DauWEWmMUQFi846OvdOTylrX45BUltwrhc0Y

Now if you believe you have seen the last of Lucci as “Erica Kane,” you may want to think again. There have been talks of a new primetime series being developed titled Pine Valley, which is the name of the fictional town All My Children was set in. Lucci’s friends and former AMC colleagues Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos are said to be attached as producers to the project. When asked if fans will see “Erica Kane” live on another day, Lucci replies, “I certainly would welcome playing this amazing part of ‘Erica Kane’ again. Wonderful to have the opportunity to work with Kelly and Mark again. You know, it looks like it's going to happen.”