ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The interesting thing is how they’ll incorporate Erica - is she still going to be chasing her dreams and having romances or will she become the new Phoebe Tyler? 

There is no doubt they need her for this show to work - but whether ABC will be brave enough to give a 74 year old woman a marquee role is something I struggle to see them doing. 

• Members

I would absolutely be in for a show that focuses on the children of the major players. I mean, if the mothership was still rolling, that's basically where'd we be right now, anyway. What interests me, though, is will they SORAS characters born in the last ten years, which would make them in their 20s/30s, or will they ignore SORAS and have them as teenagers? As much as I loathe SORAS, I'd much rather the former as it keeps continuity (as screwy as it is) and also gives us adults instead of kids. The CW is the only network that targets teens, so I'm gonna assume our core characters, whoever they are, will be older.

Let's start talking possible characters, guys!

My body is ready for 25-year-old AJ Chandler, and I would assume Hayley and Mateo's son Enzo would be around at a year or two older (with a wife, husband, or other significant other?). Characters like Colby and Pete would be in their 30s.

Erica has a shtload of random grandchildren at this point, they could honestly take their pick on who to have as her anchor to the core.

• Members

ABC has had success (at least in DVR/streaming) with Big Sky this season, so I wondering if they’re going for a vibe that’s as dark as that. I can’t imagine that going over well with longtime AMC viewers. (Fox’s Star certainly had a dark vibe—having an 80-year-old woman brutally raped, etc.)

• Members

Interestingly, Brooke was a reporter/journalist at one point. This new version does indeed mention a young journalist arriving on the scene and becoming entangled in the mix of everything. I wonder if this character is being modeled after Brooke.

Edited by Vanguardian

• Members

They definitely need La Lucci for this show, but you have a valid point. On the other hand, 10 years ago, Betty White was handed one series after another in her late 80s.  La Lucci looks damn good for someone in her 70s.

Please register in order to view this content

Hide your 25-year-old children from All My Shadows.

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

I don’t recall if Kendall’s odd choice of the name ‘Spike’ was ever explained.... but perhaps it was.

I like the “odd celebrity offspring names” angle.... but Erica is the celebrity, not Kendall.

Erica got the name ‘Bianca’ from the character in Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew (which Pine Valley High School was performing at the time).
To honor that, Bianca got the name ‘Miranda’ for her daughter from the character in Shakespeare’s The Tempest.