ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Truthfully- them.  If the show finds enough success to warrant a spinoff, it makes business sense for them to do the same thing on the new show, serve as EP and find a show runner to produce and run the writer’s room.  They question is what superfan would they find to do that with them?

• Members

Riverdale isn’t on brand for ABC. Considering the network I’m not sure why everybody is so concerned about the tone. If this were on CW, CBS or NBC I’d be more concerned, but an AMC in primetime that still feels like AMC I feel is very on brand for them. I don’t expect a super dark and serious show. 

• Members

Yes! They’re either too aware of themselves and goofy or too serious and dark. For fifteen years, I’ve gotten excited when a new show is described as being a primetime soap “like Dallas,” but none of them have ever managed to match that balance of light fun and serious business. Yellowstone impressed me until we had main characters committing murder.