ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Members

With Covid it’s hard to say, but typically May is when they announce what shows get picked up for the folllowing season. Due to Covid it was a lot different thing year because they weren’t able to film pilots like they normally would. So in a normal world we’d be hearing about casting the next couple months because they’d have to film a pilot, but who knows? It’s possible the show could get picked up with no pilot, or even turned down without a pilot. CW commissioned a Dark Shadows reboot and declined it just based on the scripts. 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Prior to COVID, pilots typically filmed from January-April in order to be considered for a series order leading up to upfronts in May. However, it's possible that many pilots will film in March or April, and we won't know anything until well after the typical upfronts if the Los Angeles situation doesn't get in check soon. Everything generally stands on casting right now. If we hear NOTHING on casting between now and late February, the show will have to really get on the ball to get any consideration for the fall 2021 schedule/season.

• Members

@ErrolThank you for that info! I’m hoping everything goes as well as things can and we get casting info throughout Jan and Feb. I feel that’ll do a lot to comfort fans and get them excited. Especially if some of the announcements are people we know and love. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

May-June typically but we don’t know if ABC will pick the show up based on a script or ask for a pilot. Due to Covid it’s hard to put a time table, but at least at that time we should have an update if they decide to pick it up, dump it or redevelop for the following year.