ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know where this Kassie DePaiva rumor came from.  There is no way she is joining Pine Valley. No disrespect to her, but why would they cast Kassie DePaiva when there are hundreds of other actresses with more notoriety and primetime credentials?

The way I see it, Susan Lucci, Eva La Rue, and Sarah Michelle Gellar are the only actors (besides Kelly and Mark) who are going to have any on-screen involvement in this spinoff. The other castmembers will all be newbies or actors with some primetime experience.  And maybe Chrishell Stause or Justin Bruening will make a guest appearance at some point.  But I highly doubt Kassie DePaiva is on anyone's consideration list.

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

Agreed! Erica is much needed for this revival. I hope the show does well by any veteran character that decides to join the cast. The Hubbards have been the heart of the show since 2008, I always looked at them as extended family to the Martins so it makes sense. I always what you said about Brooke it was all so wonderful to see her in that light again.

you know I absolutely agree with you about Erica. You’re right!!!  I’m going into this show with clear eyes but I will need more returns than the Santos family, I never connected with them. I disagree about Anton being Chief of staff that’s Angie’s role.

• Members

That Kassie DePaiva rumor is a joke. I will say, I do think that she and many other soap vets could be valuable on primetime shows, but come on. 

I think the logical people we can expect are Susan Lucci, Eva Larue, possibly Sarah Michelle Gellar, Debbi Morgan and of course Kelly and Mark at some point. That’s the reason I feel ABC was willing to do this over say a “Llanview” which would likely be a total reboot due to their cast not having the same type of known primetime names u can cast. 

Plus, another thing with the Kassie rumor is that we don’t even know where they are in terms of a script or pilot so the timing for a rumor like that would make no sense. Until Susan Lucci is announced I wouldn’t expect any additional news for this pilot.