ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Members

I actually laughed when I saw that both Showtime cable and Showtime streaming had been rebranded as "Paramount + with Showtime."  What a cumbersome ass name, I thought, for an outlet that probably will have to rebrand itself again if/when Paramount + goes under.

It wouldn't surprise me, if down the line, Paramount + and Showtime are subsumed into Pluto, lol.

It's not a question of quality, though, as far as the Star Trek-related series go.  What I am suggesting is that, sooner or later, there will come a point when people will have reached their saturation point with all the related franchises on streaming, regardless of individual quality.  Same holds true for Marvel, for Star Wars, for Game of Thrones, for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, etc.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s just too bad Procter and Gamble was too foolish to see that they could hop on a FAST platform and their archive alone on its own strength could like help sell product. Hell, if it were me, I’d hire former soap stars to do ads for today’s products (who wouldn’t love to see Linda Dano pushing Zevo, lol? Or Amelia Marshall in a “My Black Is Beautiful” ad?) Procter & Gamble used to be brilliant at this sort of thing, future and past stars on their shows would often appear in ads for their products that would run during the airing of their soaps. I should have realized that when they stopped doing this, the demise of the industry wasn’t far behind.

But yeah, even before the TOLN soaps, others made me aware P&G had collaborated with AOL in streaming their episodes (I was no longer watching soaps that closely at that time so I missed the AOL period) and even after the cancellation of GL and ATWTP&G allowed an independent company (Soap Classics) license to package DVDs of classic episodes as well as stream classic episodes on a streaming platform that ran in two countries, which I remember and was sad that they didn’t extend the license to the Soap Classics people. P&G, as is often the case, were actually the first but they gave up on the value of their soaps too quickly.

Speaking on the sheer breadth of intellectual property alone, P&G could have had a streaming channel of their own, if they had the ambition, it could have been a platform.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Everything is so muddled now between broadcast, cable, daytime/primetime, and streaming. I don't think the platform really matters.

Several shows have jumped around between all. Yellowstone, Only Murders in the Building, Star Trek .. etc.

If it creates buzz and is well done, it will be successful. 

Edited by Wilsoky