ABC: ‘All My Children’: Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos Developing Primetime Version

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How is this post not 5 pages already?

In the All My Children followup, written/executive produced by Leo Richardson (Katy Keene, Star), a young journalist with a secret agenda comes to expose the dark and murderous history of a town named Pine Valley only to become entangled in a feud between the Kane and Santos families. The seres explores all the secrets that come with the Kane and Santos family names.

Weird but not weird that the Santos family is one of the families they're focusing on. No one cares about the Santos family outside of Maria (you can't convince anyone gives two shits about Mateo outside of Kelly and Mark's fame).

• Members

When I tell you how much I just screamed @ this for 10+ minutes. Yes please! The Kane family? YESSS! Bring back Erica, Kendall, Bianca and all their offspring. We need Spike, Ian, Miranda, etc all in the mix. Hell even resurrect Josh. I'm sooo ready!

Please register in order to view this content

AMAZING! 

Go to jail

• Members

How interesting!  Maybe this will lead to other shows being reinvented this way (Edge of Night I am looking at you).

I would be shocked if they didn’t try to get SMG.  This needs people with ties from before and also some big names if they want it to actually work.  And she is a much bigger star than AM.

• Members

I think there are other shows much more appropriate to the Riverdale-esque makeover this sounds like than AMC - it always had light and a heart and a vibe of hearth and community. I hope they don't try to turn into a campy riff on soaps or better things like that show.

I'm very happy for AMC, but based on the press release I am reserving judgment in a major way. It's one thing to reintroduce an old property, it's another to do it with one that hasn't been off the air for ten years and ran for over 30. I can see them trying to bring SMG back as Kendall, for example, while pretending Alicia Minshew didn't play her for many, many years, just because 'it's primetime.' Could I be for seeing Sarah in the role again, of course, but it's the potential for erasure of a huge raft of history that concerns me. Soaps are not primetime shows with a handful of seasons; their history is everything. You can't gloss them over in quite the same way, it has to be handled much more carefully. So hopefully they can do that.

Edited by Vee