Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members
1 hour ago, Taoboi said:

Thank you @Soapsuds.

My worry is that even with someone as simple as a pill (and the shot was simple AF) that people are STILL going to sit here and be toddlers rather than grown men and grown A&* women. 

Also, the COVID pill is no preventative, it is a therapeutic measure, once someone has already become infected, much like monoclonal antibodies, but relatively less expensive by comparison. Like monoclonal antibodies, the clock is ticking to stop the virus from replicating throughout the cells in the body.

The vaccines are, to date, the closest thing we have to a prophylactic measure.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
2 hours ago, janea4old said:

In reference to anti-vaxxers getting excited about the the Merck pill, I saw this comment on twitter:
Isn’t it like - "hey we developed this new method to help 50% of car crash victims after the crash if you aren’t wearing your seat belt."  Probably should just wear your seat belt in the first place.

See, that would require these people to have common sense.

• Members

I think the pill would work best for >65 year olds and the immunocompromised.

However, I would also put some of the vaccinated in the lacking common sense field.  Too consumed with fear...just as much as the unvaccinated.

• Members
1 hour ago, Soaplovers said:

I think the pill would work best for >65 year olds and the immunocompromised.

However, I would also put some of the vaccinated in the lacking common sense field.  Too consumed with fear...just as much as the unvaccinated.

The pill is only once someone is diagnosed with COVID-19. It is not for use otherwise. Think of Theraflu, that people take when they are feeling symptoms. It is also very expensive and will be in very short supply until production can be scaled up. 

It seems as if they may make it available in pharmacies in the future but it may start out as being a prescription only, especially if it's in short supply, but from what I have read and heard from doctors, it is not a preventative, it is for people who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. It won't work like a vaccine, which can be effective before infection.

• Members
4 hours ago, I Am A Swede said:

Trump has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame??!!  

For what?? I know he did The Apprentice, but surely that can't have been enough to warrant a star?! 

Here's a brief history:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2018/09/donald-trump-hollywood-walk-of-fame-star-vandalized-history

Like @dragonflies said, all one really needs to get a star is lots of dough. Pitiful.

I did an image search and here are some examples of recent vandalism (excepting the dog that supposedly relieved itself on it!):

Please register in order to view this content

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recent Posts

• THE GUIDING LIGHT Correction      Christina "Chrissie/Blake" Thorpe ....... Marler (Young)    Lindsay Lohan     1993 (flashback)
    • Neither KM nor Steve ever recovered from the last few years physically; I don't know what bad work Kelly had done or what she's had wrong with her but she's aged at least ten years in one or two. Cameron looks a bit gaunt without the beard he should grow back, but only Kelly looks totally spent. However injured she is these days, Leslie Charleson looked like a million bucks. I've said this for years, but they let Finola go too emotional on the wrong things. She is a brilliant actress who can play so many facets; she does not need to get weepy when facing down certain bad guys (like Carlos back in the day, or weeping over what she did to him) or when delivering the news about a man like Jason. Anna was police on these streets for many years and she should not be so chummy with Sonny, Jason or the mob just because the writing and IMO at times the actor are more comfortable with her being perceived as favorable to the audience that loves those characters. She should not be tearing up over Jason. She should give it to Sonny straight and sober and not be intimate with him; she was a professional, Jason was a professional, he died, give her condolences, that's it. That's what I loved about a throwaway scene Anders Hove had as Faison with Kimberly McCullough back in 2013, when Robin railed at him about killing Jason; Faison didn't rant or rave or scream, he was dispassionate and gave it to her very candidly. This is the business they're all in, Faison got the drop on him, he's dead, that's it. That is how Anna and Robert should deal with these people, at best.
    • Forty six years ago on December 1, 1975, The Edge of Night moved from CBS  to ABC to make room for the expanded As the World Turns.  This nail in the coffin was a result of poor decisions from CBS and especially Proctor and Gamble.  Moving Edge’s time slot to accommodate P and Gs plan to have all their soaps in a block resulted in lost viewers.  Then there was supposedly no room to put Edge in another time slot when ATWT expanded because P and G didn’t want their soaps to compete on other networks (like Another World).  They could have done more to keep it I wonder if it would have done better at ABC at 3:30 instead of 4 where many affiliates preempted it   One Life to Live could have moved to 2:30   They had not expanded to 45 minutes yet although plans may have been in place         
    • Not sure Chris ever had an actual scene with Kay. Maybe she was in the same space with her, but she always seemed to be in the background of the Foster family drama. Though having not watched I can only go on synopsis, which doesn't always give you everything. It seems the Brooks and Fosters only interacted during Chris and Snapper's wedding and Liz and Bill's re-marriage. When Stu and Jen stopped by to give them a wedding gift. Yeah it seems Bell went to great lengths to keep the Brooks women away from Kay. I would not be surprised if Lorie had no scenes with Kay until 1982 (which are in the vault) I don't even think they interacted in 1979 when Kay was plotting against Jill. Lorie only seems to have shared scenes with Brock.  Pam got some story in 76/77 but then left. I am pretty sure Anthony Herrera (Jack) said her departure was the reason he was axed from the show. So it seems Bell had more story for Peggy coming up. I always got the feeling Pam wasn't too happy at Y&R. Though she did return in 1980 and Bell gave her a big storyline again with the New World Order Cult. Plus a love interest in Steve Williams, but again Pam decided to leave. Honestly reading through the 1980/81 period. Many stories seemed to get lost in the shuffle. Everything was in a state of flux and rather messy in a way.
    • Quite frankly, Adriana's lies deep sixed the franchise originally so I'm glad she was demotedl⁰
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy